I am 28-year-old male living in London E14. I am very friendly and up for a laugh. I can be quite shy until I get to know you. I have a rare Neurological disability called Ataxia telangiectasia. I am a wheelchair user and will need someone to transfer me when needed.
I require assistance with going to the gym, days out, night clubs, theatre, meeting friends, going to the cinema. My main hobbies are IT, building websites and 3d printing.
Personal care will be involved (this will be discussed if you are chosen to attend an interview).
I can be flexible to accommodate the right person.
Job Description for Support
PLACE OF WORK: At my home and in the Community.
RATE OF PAY: £11.95 per hour increasing to £13.15 per hour from 1-4-24.
HOURS OF WORK: 4 hours a week Monday to Friday (flexible) to the gym 2 x per week or other activities.
4 hours Sat or Sunday (flexible) to do community activities.
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support me to live independently. I need support in the community to access activities and venues. Support me in a wheelchair and with personal care if required in my home and in the community.
1. To support me with all aspects of personal care, while I am out or at home with regards to toileting.
2. To assist me with eating my meals and drinks at home and in the community.
3. To support me to move around in my house, getting me in and out of my wheelchair/chair in a safe manner. Be aware of my involuntary jerk movements and ensure both our safety at all times.
4. To immediately raise any concerns about my safety or well-being with my family and to take appropriate action in case of emergency.
5. To insure I am comfortable and safe at home and in the community.
6. To keep appropriate records and receipts of activities and monies spent.
7. To agree on suitable times and dates for support and to ensure a balance between continuity of support and flexibility of arrangements to suit the chosen activities.
8. To support me to engage in my chosen activities in a safe manner.
9. To report any concerns about my health and safety or a deterioration in our relationship immediately to a member of my family.
10. Respect my privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times regarding my personal life and what happens in my home.
11. Use of mobile phone is permitted but must be kept to a minimum as I require 1 to 1 care.
12. To enable me to carry out any other chosen activity, whether inside or outside my home, by carrying out any other requests I may reasonably make.