Personal Assistant – PER542609
Hours - Multiple shifts available
Monday to Thursday - 1 hour each day. 10.30am to support with personal care, toileting, breakfast, medication and social stimulation (double up)
Friday to Sunday - 1 hour each day. 10.30am to support with personal care, toileting, breakfast, medication and social stimulation (double up)
Monday to Thursday - 1 hour. 7.00pm to support with personal care, toileting, medication and bed time routine (double up)
Friday to Sunday - 1 hour. 7.00pm to support with personal care, toileting, medication and bed time routine (double up)
Additional 5 hours a week to offer sitting service support and social stimulation – These are ad-hoc and flexible
Rate of pay – £10.00 per hour midweek - £11.00 per hour weekend
Location - Within the family home in Thornbury and the local surrounding area.
Job Purpose and work duties
To support an 88 year old lady with her morning and early evening routines. These visits require a ‘double up’ so you will be working as part of a team. The employer will be this person daughter and you will report to them directly.
Work Duties may include:
- Personal care tasks
- Support with feeding and drinking
- Dressing and undressing
- With mobility, from bed/chair/toilet, ensuring my safety
- Food Preparation & cooking meals.
- Daily activities within the home
- Prompting for medication
Undertaking activities for person (only occasionally)
- Preparing and cooking food
- Some Domestic cleaning tasks
- Shopping for food and other items
- Ensuring home is hygienic and safe
- Some experience of working in this type of role would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Working in a safe way and highlighting health and safety concerns
- Assisting with management of persons health risks
- Establish and maintain effective communication
- Maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Good sense of humour
- Ability to understand and deliver persons needs
- Flexible, reliable and honest
- Good general fitness
- Must like dogs as there are 4 at the property
‘Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our customers. Should your application be successful and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the customer and not by PeoplePlus’