Are you a proactive person, looking for an exciting and fast-paced role coordinating and supporting a team?
We work to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients’ later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, we have now developed into a specialist Extra Care provider, delivering personalised Extra Care and support to over 800 clients in the South East and continuing to grow.
- No two days are the same and you will be responsible for organising our care and support delivery. From taking new customer referrals, rostering and assigning Care Assistants, management of holiday / sickness cover - ensuring that all sickness, emergency and other visits are covered, through to data entry and updating of Customer and Care Assistant details on a regular basis.
- You will also assist with the preparation of reports and in Quality Review meetings where needed, liaising with Management and the rest of the team.
- The role is available on a Full-Time basis, with hours of work between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (with 30 minutes for lunch daily)
- The building is located in a community, offering a communal staff room with all the facilities you will need and where you can have your lunch and breaks. The staff room is shared with housing, estate managers, day centre and cleaning staff.
- You will work with a like-minded team that genuinely care about our clients. We have a very interesting mix of clients in this scheme and we offer care for low, medium and high needs - which include physical disabilities, mental health, palliative care, dementia and general support to promote a diverse range of independence.
- You enjoy meeting new people, with a natural ability to build rapport with clients and colleagues – working well within a team.
- You have excellent time management skills and can plan ahead and organise the most complicated of rotas! So excellent communication skills will be key in this role, supporting you with any pressurised or changing situations.
- A good level of competency and experience using MS packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience with office administrative duties – from typing, letter writing, filing to Report preparation.
- A good understanding of service provision in the care profession would assist you in this role so would be beneficial but not a must. A can-do attitude is more important!
- It would be beneficial if you are keen to work towards a NVQ3 or QCF level 3 in Health & Social Care.
- Please note that you will need an Enhanced DBS check in order to provide care support. We can accept a DBS from the Update Service or assist you with a check.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £20,000 per annum, Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- We will support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to help our Care Workers to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.