Carer/Support Worker/Driver (Male) - JH/JE/IOW3
Isle of Wight
Job Reference: JH/JE/IOW
Job Title: Male Support Worker (Driver)
Responsible to: Directly accountable to and taking direction from the employer and the employer’s representative (husband and wife)
Hours: Flexible hours per week (Can be a job share)
- Saturday night (7pm – 9pm)
- One week night (7pm – 9pm)
- Alternative Saturdays (8.30am – 4.30pm) & Alternative Sundays (8.30am – 11.30am)
- Additional hours may be offered to cover annual leave / sickness of other support workers
Hours to be discussed at interview stage
Hourly Rate of Pay: £14.00 per hour
Based at: Employers own home in Freshwater, Isle of Wight and out in the community.
We are looking for a team of experienced male support workers to support my husband who is in his 50s and has advanced MS and complex related conditions. The successful candidate must have a full UK driving license, be supportive, have common sense and work well with others. Essential that the candidate has experience in care work.
- You will be providing all aspects of personal care, stoma care and administering medication (including controlled drugs). Stoma specific training will be given.
- My husband is a powerchair user and you will need manual handling experience. He is also visually impaired. He has a large wheelchair accessible vehicle which you will need to be able to drive. Therefore, a full UK driving licence is required.
- You will be supporting him with everyday living, from gardening, visiting cafes and shops, to assisting him at the gym or medical appointments. You will be preparing his meals and ensuring he drinks plenty of fluids. You will also assist him in a daily regime of physio under the guidance of a Neuro Physiotherapist.
To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Flexible in the hours and times that you can work.
- Previous care experience.
- Have a good sense of humour and enjoy a friendly joke.
- Be patient and supportive.
- Be friendly and outgoing.
- Be honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Have common sense and able to use own initiative.
- Have full clean driving license
- Be respectful of the employer’s dignity, at all times.
- Understand the need for privacy and confidentiality.
- You should have a thorough understanding of personal safety.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to undergo any training highlighted by the employer.
- You should have some knowledge and understanding of risks.
- Have an awareness and knowledge of equal opportunities.
This post is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check at the Employers request prior to commencing employment. This is confidential and at no cost to yourself.
The offer will be made subject to satisfactory references.
The post carries a 6 month’s probationary period.
The Rowan Organisation is acting on behalf of a third party and will not be your employer, nor responsible for any actions arising out of your employment.