Ref no: MRT529918(LLP)
Job Description – Personal Assistant
I am a 24-year-old young lady living within the Merthyr Tydfil area. I have been diagnosed with multiple disabilities. One of my disabilities is that my ability age is that of a 2–3-year-old, meaning I require help in every aspect of daily functional life. Due to my disabilities, I tend to have outbursts and display challenging behaviour. One of the diagnoses that I have is brain wasting disease which is life limiting and this affects my movements which can be very severe however, stop when I am in my comfort zone.
I have very limited access and different things I struggle to cope with such as:
• Waiting, being fussed, or change in my routine due to having autism and epilepsy
• You will have to administer oral liquid medication. I am unable to walk far or travel due to having a severe movement disorder. I am unable to sit upright for long periods, I am unable to sit on a normal chair due to my movement needs and require a fixed solid seat.
• Enjoys swimming
• I will go to the cinema, however, have little concentration, therefore may have to leave the cinema after a short period
• I like to going out for food, but I am also happy to watch TV at home
• I like to watch CBeebies
• I dislike being fussed, I will come to you in my own time.
• Struggles with waiting, I can show frustration when having to wait
• Shouting or noisy crowds
Working Hours/Pay of Rate
25 hours per week - £11.00 Per Hour (Paid fortnightly)
Hours need to be flexible to my needs and will be discussed in the interview
Tasks and Duties
• I require my personal assistant to take me out of my home environment and look after my requirements in their own home
• I require my personal assistant to take me out of my home environment and look after me overnight in their own home every other weekend
• Supporting me on a 1:1 basis
• Support and encourage my independence where possible, and preserve my personal sense of well-being
• Support around the home with domestic tasks if required
• Support and encourage me out within my local community
• Any other reasonable tasks required
Type of person required:
• A person with patience, who understands the complex needs I have
• A person with a positive can-do attitude
• A person with a bubbly and easy-going manner
• A person with personality and character
• A person who is dependable and arrives on time
• A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home
• A person with a positive commitment to this kind of work
• A car owner / driver
• Flexibility to cover sickness and annual leave is necessary
• Persons who are looking for a long-term commitment to remain in this job, to build a good professional relationship with me
• A person who finds the shift pattern suitable to their lifestyle
• Have good communication skills – all communication will be arranged with my mother
Training is accessible if required for the job role
Successful applicant will be subject to a three-month trial period.
A DBS check will be required, this will be at no cost to yourself.
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter MRT529918(LLP) where it will then take you to where you can apply.
Please request an application form via our registered email address email@example.com or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number MRT529918(LLP)
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service User. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.