Electrician -Apprentice Instructor
Do you have a burning urge to pass on the knowledge and skills you have acquired to eager & committed electrical apprentices?
Would you like to make a difference to the engineering professionals of our future?
If this sounds like you, you’re in luck as we are currently in the market for an Apprentice Trainer for Electricians to bring our Apprentices up to level 2 qualification!
The company provides work-based learning in engineering and has been for 40 years! They train apprentices in house in mechanical, electrical, maintenance, welding & fabrication skills both practical and theoretical. The engineering training centre features a 22,000 square foot of workshop space and the classrooms are equipped with a variety of traditional machinery and the latest technology!
What do we want from you?
- To provide high quality training, assessment and instruction to learners in order for them to achieve
- Ensure a high level of health, safety and welfare to learners, colleagues and visitors at all times
What will you be doing on a daily basis?
- To work as part of a team to high quality training, assessment and instruction in basic electrical wiring to learners within the centre.
- Assessment of the learner competence against the relevant standards
- Provide constructive verbal and/or written feedback to learners, progress reviewers and employers
- Assist with general maintenance of plant, equipment and resources if required
- Maintain discipline and cleanliness at all times within the centre
- Ensure a high standard of health, safety and welfare to learners, staff and visitors at all times
- Attend careers fairs and similar business related events
What you will need to be successful?
- Electrician by trade
- Industry experience
- The ability to communicate easily and clearly with learners, both orally and in written form
- A desire and ability to inspire, motivate and engage with learners to achieve their potential
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- DBS disclosure
What will you get in return?
- Excellent working hours of 36.25 hrs per week. (Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.15pm and an early finish at 1.15pm on FriYAY!
- Generous Holiday entitlement: Between 28 and 33 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Your birthday off every year from now on!
- Extra days off for long service!
- Occupational Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme