Carer / Personal Assistant in Tower Hamlets for twin boys E1
Job Title: Personal Assistant (PA)
Place of work: At my home and places in the community.
Rate of pay: £12ph per hour
Hours of Work: Day/Night - agreed hours, any cover and any additional time to be manage as and when required.
Purpose of job: Male personal assistant working along the father to give 1:1 support to two children’s everyday medical and social needs. Helping them to develop their learning and awareness of around them.
- To support children with all aspects of personal care, including feeding, washing, bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence management. Support with giving their medication, monitoring their behavior pattern and attending any medical appointments that they may have.
- Use picture communication to instruct and remain calm and clear to engage with them. PA must always use English language to first plan and inform of what they intend to do and try to initiate before carrying out a task.
- To prepare meals and drinks. Ensure that theyare eating and drinking at all meal times according to their dietary need. When parents are not present then you must work independently and complete all task, unless you are instructed by parents to make changes. You may be asked to attend relative home or in a community places such as a mosque.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within their home, which includes laundry, cleaning dishes, changing, making their bed and any other domestic duties that maybe asked of you during the shift.
- To support them to move around their home and outdoors. Keeping them stimulated and safe. Helping them to get in and out of bed, bath, or using any equipments in a safe manner. Initiate and adapt if there is any potential risk to their health, due to their behavior.
- To immediately raise any concerns about their safety or well-being with the parents and take appropriate action in case of emergency. Remain calm and collective if there are any challenging with their behavior and health.
- To ensure they are comfortable and safe in their home. If parents are not home then you may carry out tasks that will include turning on / off lights, heating, TV, locking the doors and windows, monitoring them while their asleep and observing any unusual behavior at night etc.
- To build and sustain a good responsible , trustful and working relationship with children and parents which enables them to access the community safely and in confidence.
- To motivate to use public transport, alternatively father will drive to and from /access places, which will be organized by parents.
- To keep appropriate records and receipts of activities and monies spent if parents are not present.
- To work hand in hand with other staff and build good relationship as a team. To Be flexible to cover annual leaves or emergencysituations with other staff. To fill in any gaps in order to maintain the continuity of the service with other colleagues.
- To agree on suitable times and dates for support and to ensure a balance between continuity of support and flexibility of arrangements to suit the chosen activities and at any appointments.
- Be flexible to work with a weekly rota up to 6 visit per day, cover leaves or emergency situations. Minimum of 10 hours of contract is expected to be completed by per PA that is joint in the package.
- To support them to engage in activities that would be of their need and interest. They must participate in all chosen activities in a safe manner. To enable the children to carry out any other chosen activity, whether inside or outside their home. They may carry out other requests in the community that are reasonably made.
- To report any concerns about the children’s health and safety or any deterioration in their health and their relationship with children to the parents immediately.
- Must respect our privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times regarding our personal life and what happens in our home.