Support Worker for a delightful 9-year-old boy, who has Cerebral Palsy living in the Chinnor area (Oxfordshire / Buckinghamshire border)
We seek an experienced, organised and flexible Support Worker to work with our client in a caring and compassionate role, enabling him to access his therapy programs, community activities, family life with parents and siblings. The family have 2 cats and a dog.
Our client has cerebral palsy due to his acquired brain injury effecting all four limbs and has Epilepsy.
The support workers will be expected to undertake the following, after training & competency sign off:
- Provide for all his personal care needs
- Provide him with all his required fluid and nutrition via his gastrostomy
- Make up feeds daily to provide a nutritious and balanced diet
- Administer prescribed medications which will need to be drawn up and administered
- Provide therapeutically lead programs which are implemented throughout the day & integrated into his daily routine
- Enable our client to access play, sensory activities and outings away from the home
High standards of documentation will be expected, with a basic level of IT skills for accessing training and online policies and procedures.
Experience working with children or young people with physical difficulties and or brain-injured clients are desirable.
Must have a UK driving licence to drive client’s vehicle, the home is located in an area with minimal public transport.
- Working hours: 15 / 30 hours per week, covered by various or regular shifts.
- Week day term time: 3pm - 8pm, school holidays 8am – 8pm
- Weekend: 9am/10am - 7/8pm
- Nights: Weekdays 10pm – 8.30am, weekends 10pm – 8am
Rates of pay
- Monday to Friday £14.00 per hour
- Saturday and Sunday £16.00 per hour.
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks per annum (pro rata)
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure with Child Workforce Barring.
NB: Brownbill Associates Ltd is not the Employer
If you require any further information, please apply online quoting reference BAL/JM 06/22