SEMH Support Staff
U-educate are looking for SEN Support staff and Teaching Assistants for our clients based in Fareham
- Provide support for pupils with special educational needs
- Ensure that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress
- To provide learning support for pupils in class or in 1:1 situations.
- To develop knowledge of the needs of the children and seek advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- To aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom and provide modified materials as required e.g. worksheets, games, visual prompt cards etc.
- To make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the SENCo, Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies.
- To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment across the whole school environment.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise, and rewards to pupils.
- Facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between them.
- Have experience of working with children with special educational needs in a primary/secondary school setting
- Ability to pass an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to work with children
- Have GCSE, ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English.
- Have NVQ2 or equivalent as recognised by the National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning (NOS-STL
- Monday to Friday (Hours TBC)
- £12-13 p/hr
If you are interested in the job role, please apply now and one of our resources will contact you shortly.
U-Educate are dedicated to helping improve the education of children by helping local schools find the perfect staff. We are an ethical supply agency who prides ourselves on delivering a quality service to our clients and candidates. As your dedicated consultant I will really take the time to get to know you as a person and match you up with schools you want to work in.
U-Educate provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. U-Educate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.