Our happy and energetic boy is 10 years old and requires support with his care and support needs which is provided by a team of PA’s on a 1:1 / 2:1 basis providing behavioural, sensory and holistic support.
We are seeking an individual with knowledge of severe learning disabilities, autism and under responsive sensory systems. Every day is different for us as a family, we need you to be calm, consistent, kind, and reliable to see the little boy from the disabilities.
Days and Hours Required
6 HOUR PER WEEK (Pro Rata) – Ideally to be provided over a weekend.
(To be discussed in further detail with the successful applicants)
Please Note – We are seeking 2 individuals for this post who will each work 6 hours per week,
Tasks and Duties
• You must fully understand the complexity of needs.
• Engage on an appropriate level.
• Understand how communication is used safely without confusion.
• Understand and implement a sensory lifestyle and how to increase or decrease sensory support.
• Understand the behavioural needs and be able to identify what can contribute to positive behaviour and reduce maladaptive behaviour.
• Understand and be able to care for hypermobile joints.
• Ensure the environment if risk free from harm (as much as possible).
• Be able to utilise specialised equipment such as dining chair, toilet frame and wheelchair.
• Good documentation skills
• Support with personal care
• Be able to administer medication
• Have epilepsy awareness
• Always promote and maintain positive behaviour
• Be flexible with sensory planning depending on need
• Work very well parents and extended family if necessary
• Any other reasonable task that is necessary for holistic care.
• Be prepared to undertake further training.
• Be accountable for all actions.
• Ask for help when needed.
Type of Person Required
• Honest and Reliable
• Experience with SEN needs
• A person of whom if physically fit (He can run, fast!)
• Drive a car
• Display excellent communication skills
• Kind, calm and steady
• Advocate for son
• Work well with another PA
• Paediatric first aid essential
Rates of Pay
• £10.10 an hour
• Monthly pay (BACS)
• 5.6 weeks Annual leave (Pro Rata)
• Paediatric first aid
• Competent in Total Communication (including PECS)
• A working knowledge of behaviour analysis
• A working knowledge of sensory processing
• Experience of working with complex children
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW540588(LP)
where it will then direct you to an application portal.
Please request an application form via our registered email address ILSPowys@peopleplus.co.uk or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW540588(LP)
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service Users - Should your application be successful; you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.