A Little About Me
I am a private lady who lives with disabilities in the Llanymynech area of Powys. I am in receipt of a Direct Payment package of care and I require a cheerful and respectful Personal Assistant to join my existing team of PA(s) to assist me with my day-to-day living. I prefer to be at home in my serene environment and really enjoy gardening as I find it therapeutic however, would like to be supported to access the community as I feel able.
Hours / Days Of Work
11 – 16.5 Hours Per Week (Pro Rata)
Term Time – 11 hours per week; provided over 5.5 hours per day on a Monday and Tuesday, times to be agreed with the successful applicant.
Non Term Time (School Holidays) – Increase to 16.5 hours per week; provided over 5.5 hours per day, across the Monday, Tuesday and the option of an additional day / increase in length on the Monday / Tuesday visits during these periods)
Please note – Flexibility is required of the successful applicant and the ability to provide care and support in school holidays is a necessity. Over time my care hours may increase based on my need and therefore more consistent hours may become available for the right person.
Rate Of Pay
£10.65 per hour
(Double Time Applicable on Bank Holidays)
General Tasks Involved
• Domestic support where applicable
• Assistance with personal care, showering and dressing
• Help with food preparation
• Constructive support with hobbies, interests, and activities at home.
• Other reasonable tasks required during the hours.
Type of Person Required
• A person with caring experience would be preferred although not essential as all relevant training will be given.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• With vision and ability to work unsupervised and sensibly, using their own initiative.
• Who are practical.
• Who are dependable and reliable.
• Who respect privacy and confidentiality.
• Who find the working hours suitable to their lifestyle.
• A full driving licence holder.
• Who have a positive commitment to this kind of work.
• Who have friendly, gentle and patient manners.
• Adaptability and flexibility would be paramount, who could provide extra hours when needed.
About / The Purpose of The Job
• Pay Frequency – Four Weekly - By BACS. Payroll and a payslip will be processed by PeoplePlus on behalf of the employer.
• The successful applicant(s) will be subject to a 3-month probationary period. After this, a formal Contract of Employment will be given.
• A DBS will be required – you will not incur costs to yourself for this.
• It is hoped that this job will be enjoyable and rewarding.
• Two relevant references will be required.
• You will receive 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year (pro rata)
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW517282(LP)1 where it will then direct you to an application portal.
Please request an application form via our registered email address ILSPowys@peopleplus.co.uk or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW517282(LP)1
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service Users - Should your application be successful; you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.