Job title: Finance Manager
Contract type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 40 hours per week the hours of work will be flexible to meet with the business demands and may include weekend and evenings.
Who are we…?
Stadium serves its clients with one goal in mind – keeping people safe. This is a goal we consistently achieve through the three key parts of our business: Event Services, Training, and temporary Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM). We tailor all three of these services to our clients’ wishes, which range from football clubs and music festivals through to local authorities.
To find out more about our story please visit www.wearestadium.com
Who are we looking for…?
Due to our expansion we are looking for an outstanding Finance Manager who will have overall responsibility for the financial control, reporting and planning for the group, the group consists of 3 UK Limited companies and a recently created entity overseas.
The role will provide key advice and support for the management to make decisions; it provides the right candidate with the opportunity to own an integral position within an industry-leading services business.
The ideal candidate must be very hands-on and not afraid to roll up their sleeves. seen as an exceptional leader of teams of all levels and skillsets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- To provide leadership and advice regarding all financial matters within the business, including all financial analysis into business planning and performance.
- Ongoing monthly reporting review of all Department areas for actual performance, year to date performance against budget, forecast and previous year’s performance, provided to Directors
- Overall Management of the Finance and Payroll Departments ensuring all financial controls are maintained.
- Responsibility for the day to day finance functions including receivables, payables, payroll, IT and banking
- You will provide strong leadership to develop the finance team, ensuring best practice is maintained.
- Production of monthly management accounts; reporting on variances to budgets and forecasts
- Cash/working capital management and reporting
- Manage all VAT, PAYE and other HMRC submissions.
- Set, oversee and review budgets and forecasts for each company, liaising with the Managing Director to ensure targets are achievable for sign off.
- Closely supporting and working alongside the Managing Director
- Liaise with external Accountants for submission of Statutory accounts and Tax Returns.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with our Banking and Insurance providers.
- Oversee all accounting procedures and systems used by the Company.
- Constantly seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk.
- Management of key relationships relevant to the financial operations of the business
- Any other duties as directed
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, qualifications and skills;
- Fully Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Sage 50 accounts
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- A hands-on manager capable of supporting the financial reporting needs of the business, whilst working with and supporting the teams surrounding them.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of accounting practices and policies.
- Good commercial and business acumen; ability to look “beyond the numbers”.
- Sound IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular strong Excel skills.
- Good problem-solving skills, analytical thought process.
- Discretion when handling confidential information.
- Strong written, and verbal, communication skills
- The ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- 5 years post qualified experience
- Experience working with an overseas branch
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply today!