Counselling Clinical Manager
Counselling Clinical Manager - Permanent – £46,662 per annum
We are seeking an experienced motivated Counselling Clinical Manager, who can contribute to the growth and development of our successful charity. We are a specialist sexual violence centre providing an exceptional standard of therapeutic support. We support all adult survivors of sexual violence and abuse. Our services are designed so that we support in ways that are safe and easy to access. We understand the needs of different survivors including age, gender, or whether a person is BAME or LGBT+ We have a wide range of support options and can refer into other services as needed.
Current hybrid - remote working from home and in office working (NG1 5LP), with some travel to meetings.
Hours of work
30 hrs per week, minimum 4 days per week.
- 27 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Birthday leave
- 6% Employers contribution to NEST Pension Scheme
- Employees Assistance Programme
To manage and lead the Notts SVS Services teams in the therapeutic delivery of high quality therapeutic services to anyone who has experienced sexual violence (age 18+). To demonstrate the ability to effectively influence the therapeutic dimensions of service development and have clinical oversight and responsibility for Counselling and Hub Services team.
- To be responsible for the overall leadership and clinical governance of the Counselling and Hub services
- To provide management supervision and expertise in supporting the performance and development of roles in the provision of therapy and support
- To ensure a pro-active approach in leading on and managing clinical risks within the service and the maintenance of a High Risk Clinical Register
Essential experience, qualifications and skills
- Qualification in Humanistic Counselling (i.e. Person Centred) or Integrative Counselling/Psychotherapy
- Experience of managing and supervising therapeutic staff and services
- Experience of implementing comprehensive Clinical Risk & Needs Assessments and effective care treatment plans for service users
- Substantial knowledge and experience of working with individuals who have experienced sexual violence and the impact of trauma
If you are able to answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, you are welcome to apply:
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?
- Do you have a qualification in Humanistic Counselling (i.e. Person Centred) or Integrative Counselling/Psychotherapy?
- Are you BACP or UKCP registered or accredited?
- Do you have experience of managing and supervising therapeutic staff and services, including a sound knowledge of clinical governance?
Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed to fully apply for this post. Please note – we do not accept CVs as applications. To apply for this position, please complete the application form provided and email your completed application form to Recruitment@nottssvss.org.uk
Successful applicants will be subject to DBS vetting. Applicants must have a valid Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Level 3 Certificate prior to starting this role.
CLOSING DATE: 9.00am Thursday 21 July 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday 28 July 2022