Lakes - Clinical Lead
The Lakes Care Centre, Dukinfield is seeking a Clinical Lead Nurse
Full Time, 40 hours per week
£45,000 per annum
A desirable opportunity has arisen at The Lakes Care Home in Dukinfield, offering a homely and caring environment for up to 77 Residents.
As a Clinical Lead, you will use your expertise and compassion to help deliver clinical care to a high standard on our Nursing Unit.
About The Role
- To support and advise the registered manager and senior leadership team in the delivery of quality care and clinical governance aligned to best practice.
- To exhibit leadership in ensuring the medical and care needs of people using the service are met, and supporting the senior leadership team in developing and maintaining systems and processes to drive care and clinical practice.
- Build the positive reputation of the service – liaise professionally with visitors, including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
- To lead and manage staff providing care and support to people.
- To perform in accordance with standards agreed with the Registered Manager and the Registered Provider and to follow legislative requirements, relevant regulations and accepted best practice.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the Head of Quality in devising, implementing and maintaining clinical governance systems and processes as needed.
- Ensuring documentation is of a high quality; accurate and responsive to changes in people’s needs and a driver for positive care outcomes.
- Provide clinical and pastoral support, guidance and mentoring to care staff both formally and informally.
- Act as a shift leader to monitor and direct the effective running of the unit or other defined area of responsibility
- Oversee the management, dispensing, ordering and auditing of medication.
- Ensure your staff team receive formal supervision and appraisal in line with policy and procedure. To support reflective practice and re-evaluation of competency of staff when needed.
- To support the processes of competency assessment and improvement of staff providing care to people using the service.
- To ensure professional registration of all nursing staff is kept up to date.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the duty rota. Ensuring skill mix and numbers on duty are appropriate for the assessed needs of the service users
- Be responsible for promoting and protecting the welfare of those individuals supported by the service.
- Develop effective working relationships with all employees within the service.
- Work in cooperation with members of the multidisciplinary teams to drive best outcomes for people using the service.
- Ensure the service is responsive to changes in people’s presentation and overall health, and ensure timely referrals are made to external health professionals are made when needed, and that advice received is incorporated into care plans and risk assessments.
- Identify information, concerns and ideas for improvement and share them with senior management of the service.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Work within the relevant Code of Conduct, e.g., NMC and to ensure professional registration is maintained.
- Ensure that developments in best practice are researched, shared, understood and implemented.
- Understand the health and safety requirements associated with the role, including undertaking or participating in Root Cause Analysis of incidents and near misses as needed.
You will possess excellent leadership qualities, effective communication skills and possess positive interpersonal skills.
You will have profound knowledge and understanding of regulatory frameworks and legislation.
You will be dedicated, compassionate, approachable and committed to delivering person-centred care.
You will be an influencer, supportive and a team player with a willingness to learn and develop colleagues through coaching and mentorship, inspiring your team.
- Competitive Salary
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Free on-site parking
- Uniform provided
- Learning & Development Opportunities
Are you a Clinical Lead Registered Nurse looking for a new opportunity? We would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will be subjected to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.