Senior Care Assistant
Would you like to have more Time to Care in one location – rather than often commuting?
We work to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients’ later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, we have now developed into a specialist Extra Care provider, delivering personalised Extra Care and support to over 800 clients in the South East and continuing to grow.
- No two days are the same and your responsibilities will range from undertaking spot checks, audit, supporting and supervising a team of care workers. You may be undertaking general care duties and advising on or providing specialist care and support according to the Care Plan.
- The role is available on a Full-Time basis, with a 37.5-hour work week between Monday to Friday plus alternative weekends.
- Please note that the business is open during bank holidays and so we would need you to work on some bank holidays. Any bank holidays that you do work will be added back into your accrued holiday and can be taken at another time.
- You will work within our Extra Care scheme – which means that you will work in one location for an entire shift – offering you less time commuting and more time to care!
- Wootton offers a lovely village location to work in, just 8 miles from Bedford town centre. There is a bus stop near the scheme with a 40-minute bus journey into Bedford town centre. There is nearby on-the-road parking.
- This is an amazing opportunity as you will be joining a positive bunch of people within this new scheme and team – and in a brand-new building! This offers you a light and airy workplace and an exciting place to be! Wootton has been decorated in stunning, bright and bold colours – which we believe will offer the right person a wonderful long-term opportunity.
- This scheme offers a Restaurant on-site. There is also a communal staff room with a round table and plenty chairs, with a Carer reference area, and all the facilities you will need (plus free tea and coffee!), where you can enjoy your lunch and rest breaks. The staff room is shared with housing, estate managers, day centre and cleaning staff. If you prefer a walk at lunch time, there is a local shop within a 20-minute walk.
- You’ll be assisting with reduced mobility, mental health, dementia and general support to promote a diverse range of independence and helping residents to settle into their new homes. The scheme offers residents a beautiful lounge, old fashioned wooden games and even a brand-new jukebox!
- We are ideally looking for previous experience of supervision in a residential / domiciliary care setting
- A formal care qualification, such as QCF/ NVQ Level 2 or 3, would be beneficial
- You have good verbal and written communication skills and are naturally empathic, with an ability to build rapport with your colleagues and with clients.
- It is important that you are even-tempered, naturally able to cope with pressure
- Good negotiation, planning and organisational skills would also benefit you in this role.
- Please note that you will need an Enhanced DBS check in order to provide care support. We can accept a DBS from the Update Service or assist you with a check.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £10.15 per hour
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- Flexible working hours and local work
- We will invest and provide you with 2 x days FREE (face to face) Induction Training plus further E-Learning & Workbooks following which, on completion, you will receive a Care Training Certificate.
- We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector. It is important that you are willing to undergo continuous training and supervision when required – and we will in turn offer you regular support and recognition.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.