Personal Assistant - Bank
Ref No: POW535374(LP)2
Job Description – Personal Assistant
I am a 22-year-old individual who identifies as gender fluid, living independently in Newtown, Powys. I have autism & ADHD and like to live a socially active lifestyle; I enjoy travelling, socialising with friends and having new experiences. I am currently in the process of opening my own baking business and will be attending events within the community as part of this, I am an avid fundraiser having recently completed a sponsored swim for Cancer Research. To support me to live independently and access the community I am supported by a team of Personal Assistants and I am currently looking to expand my team of ‘bank’ PA’s.
Days and Hours of Work
BANK STAFF / / SCHOOL HOLIDAY COVER / 0 HOUR CONTRACT
I am looking for a new Personal Assistant to join my existing team of PA’s to cover annual leave and sickness, this is a permanent post but hours will vary on an needs basis.
These hours may be required to be provided in the form of day hours / overnight hours.
Please note – Flexibility is required of the successful applicant and the ability to provide care and support in school holidays is a necessity. Over time my care hours may increase based on my need and therefore more consistent hours may become available for the right person.
Tasks and Duties
• Supporting me on a 1:1 basis
• Support with social activities / shopping / getting out and about
• Supporting me with my business associated activities as required
• Support with daily living skills such as admin support
• Supporting me to engage in home based and community-based activities. E.G Assisting me to participate in activities such as swimming, gardening, craft and other activities of interest to me within the community.
• To encourage my learning, self-help skills and promote my social inclusion in daily activities and my community
• Full support and encouragement with meal prep and cooking
• Support with domestic tasks and laundry
• Any other reasonable tasks required
Type of Person Required
• Dependable with good time management skills
• The ability to provide flexible working hours
• Reliable, responsible, open and honest
• Will respect the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone’s home
• Sense of humour essential
• Non-judgemental attitude
• Outgoing and energetic, must like to have fun and be open to supporting me to try new things
• Calm but confident, must have patience
• A person(s) that has a strong and sound character, who is observant and proactive
• A person(s) who possesses a genuine kind, and caring nature
• Willing to learn and adapt as I develop
• A person(s) that will respect my individuality and that of other members of the team and family
• Previous experience of working with people with learning difficulties and autism is highly desirable
• A person whom possesses a driving licence / their own vehicle (mileage will be agreed per journey)
Rate of Pay
£10.15 Per Hour (Before tax & NI deductions)
Training / Experience
• A person(s) who has previous experience of supporting individuals with learning difficulties / autism is desirable
About The job
- Pay Frequency – Monthly
- The successful applicant(s) will be subject to a 3-month probationary period.
- A DBS will be required – you will not incur costs to yourself for this.
- There is another carer employed and it would be beneficial if the applicant had a flexible nature to work with the other carer (and wider family) to communicate any necessary information about the my well-being and ensure consistency of approach.
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW535374(LP)2 where it will then direct you to an application portal.
Please request an application form via our registered email address ILSPowys@peopleplus.co.uk or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW535374(LP)2
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service Users - Should your application be successful; you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.