Personal Care Assistant
FEMALE CARE ASSISTANT REQUIRED IN THE CROSSPOOL, S10 AREA OF SHEFFIELD
To support a lady in her 30's with cerebral palsy who would like assistance with maintaining her independence.
13 hours per week plus cover.
Monday 9-2:30, Tuesday 9-2:30, Sunday 9-12, plus cover for 5.6 weeks on the other days. Hours are negotiable around your needs. The position is for 52 weeks of the year.
Rate of pay
£12.50 per hour.
The post will attract statutory benefits of 5.6 weeks annual leave.
- Personal care - showering
- Meal preparation and batch cooking
- Outings, shopping
- Help with Exercises
- Light household duties
- Help with correspondence and taking notes
- As a part time wheelchair user, you will be required to assist with its use and be capable of lifting the wheelchair into a car. This may suit a local person. Who is reliable and punctual with a good sense of humour and a flexible approach, as well as a good standard of English language, with a non-judgmental attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy shopping, cinema, theatre, crafts, Swimming, coffee shops, and wheelchair sports.
- A Driving licence and appropriately maintained and insured vehicle is preferred. Workplace insurance will be required if driving is an option - Expenses will also be paid.
Section 9; Schedule 83 [Work: Exceptions] (Part 1; Occupational Requirements) - applies to this post.
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our customers. Should your application be successful, and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the customer and not by PeoplePlus.