Children's Residential Support Worker - Marple
We are looking for an experienced Children's Residential Support Worker to join the well established team at our home in Marple. Ideally you will have experience of similar settings and have achieved your CACHE Level 3/Level 4 Diploma in Children and Young People.
We provide a caring, stable and nurturing home, in an informal atmosphere, catering for the needs of children and young people from 8 to 17 years of age on admittance. In consultation with local authorities we provide medium to long-term residential care. We are registered for 6 residential placements.
It is our aim to create an atmosphere within which the individual can feel safe to express themselves, find adults they feel able to approach and those that will accept them unreservedly as individuals in their own right. As part of a wider strategy, active attempts are made to rescue the better aspect of the individual’s behaviour, to restart the natural process of growth and development, and equip them with the necessary skills to go on to be productive members of society.
Aims of Ivydene
Our main goal and philosophy at Ivydene Children’s Homes is to offer a structured, caring and nurturing environment in which all of the children’s individual needs are met. This provides them an opportunity to meet their full potential in all aspects of their life. We strive to instil a basic understanding of life skills in order for them to have a variety of options once they reach adulthood.
Many children arrive at the home from disadvantaged and chaotic lifestyles; The home is set within an affluent area and this immediately takes away one obstacle faced by young people from impoverished backgrounds. The area being affluent has opportunities that may not be found in less disadvantaged areas. Crime is low in the area, as is anti social behaviour.
- We strive to provide an environment where children and young people develop necessary life skills, to enable them to develop and grow.
- We aim to create an atmosphere where children and young people feel safe, welcome and can express themselves freely without fear of rejection or ridicule.
- We aim to teach young people the necessary skills to enable them to be able to make decision and have choices as they enter adulthood. We aim to teach the young people new skills that will give them resilience in the present and the future.
- We aim to promote and support all aspirations no matter how small and to recognise, reward and celebrate achievements we offer good role models who develop positive relationships with children and young people.
About The Company
New Horizons was established almost 25 years ago with the intention to “Build Brighter Futures”, over the years we have organically grown and now have five children’s homes over Stockport and Greater Manchester. We have built a reputation as a leading provider of residential childcare, and aim to provide long term, stable and secure placements to young people who have known chaotic childhoods, multiple placement breakdowns or may have come from failed foster care or adoption placements.
We are now a “preferred provider” with most Local Authorities across the UK, and regularly receive upwards of 600 referrals a month from Local Authorities wishing to place young people with us. This hard work has also been recognised and celebrated by Ofsted, placing authorities, the young peoples families and other external agencies.
About the role
Through ongoing development and training we ensure our people are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.We offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities, to keep our people up to date with the latest guidelines and best practice.
- Up to 33 days of annual leave(enhanced from 28)
- Access to Perkbox
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- A rewarding career in Children Services
- Making a real difference in young people's lives and improving outcomes for young people
- Top rates of pay
- Peoples Pension scheme
- Ongoing support in advancing your career.
- Great discounts on gym membership, cinema tickets, driving lessons, holidays, family days out, restaurants and high street shopping.