Senior Care Assistant
Full Time Senior Care Assistant at The Lakes Care Centre.
A desirable opportunity has arisen within our friendly, established care team at The Lakes Care Centre in Dukinfield, offering a homely and caring environment for up to 77 Residential, Nursing and Dementia Residents, we pride ourselves in providing quality care, ensuring that our residents receive the care they deserve in a safe and supportive environment.
We are looking for a kind and caring person who wants to make a difference to the lives of others.
As one of our senior care assistants you will get to meet our wonderful residents and build relationships with them, by providing comfortable, safe and dignified support in their everyday lives.
Caring nature and a strong commitment to providing a high standard of care, you will have the ability to lead a team of care assistants.
The ideal candidate must be committed to development, a good team player with good communication skills.
You will be empathetic, compassionate, trustworthy, respectful and resilient whilst being reliable and positive.
About the Role
- To assist in the provision of care and work as part of the team to achieve the required standards.
- Ensure Service User dignity and provide a person-centred approach.
- Lead the care team and allocate duties.
- Provide safe and compliant medication administration/management.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams i.e., GPs, Dietician etc.
- Participate in the general activities of daily life and maintain a safe environment.
- Administer medication in line with safe protocol and policy.
- develop, implement and review service user care plans, risk assessments etc.
- Assist residents with daily activities as required, including assistance at meal times.
- Assist residents in all aspects of their care needs, e.g., physical, emotional and spiritual.
- Resident interaction and promotion of social activities.
- Ensure timely assistance is provided.
- Maintain correct and high standards of recording and documentation.
- Adopt a person-centred approach
Level 3 Health and Social Care Qualification (or working towards)
Medication Training (or willingness to undertake)
- Free on-site parking
- Uniform provided
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Bank holiday enhancements
Full Time and Part Time positions available.
The successful candidate will be subjected to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Apply now and come and join our dedicated friendly team!