Carer/Personal Assistant in Tower Hamlets
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Job Title: Personal Assistant/Carer
Place of work: At my home and at places in the community.
Rate of pay: £11.05 per hour
Hours of work: 16 hours per week – Monday to Friday and occasional Saturday’s. Could be split between 2 PA’s (8 hours each) These times may change as agreed between us
Purpose of job: To support me to live independently
About Me: I am a 43 year old gay man and a wheelchair user. I enjoy watching Sci-Fi, socialising, going to the cinema, gym and I am a graphic artist. I have epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy and suffer with my mental health.
- To support me with aspects of personal care, including occasional showering
- To immediately raise any concerns about my safety or well-being with my family and to take appropriate action in case of emergency.
- To ensure I am comfortable and safe
- To be comfortable travelling on the Tube and public transport assisting me on outings
- To agree on suitable times and dates for support and to ensure a balance between continuity of support and flexibility of arrangements to suit the chosen activities
- To support me with activities I would like to engage in, ie: going to the Gym and socialising
- Must respect our privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times regarding our personal life and what happens in my home.
- Must be comfortable travelling on the Tube and public transport assisting me on outings
- LGBT preferred although not essential
- Previous Care experience is not essential
- Keen interest preferred in: Watching Sci – Fi, Artistic Computer Programming and music and Art
- Must have a good sense of humour