Full Loads Manager
Steve Porter Transport , a KNP Logistics Group company, are a leading transport and logistics company with vast industry experience and a strong reputation for quality and efficiency in the shared user and dedicated transport solutions industry in the UK and worldwide.
Due to our continued growth and success we have a vacancy for a Full Loads Manager to work at our busy Fareham depot. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and hands on individual who is able to work on their own initiative alongside being part of a bigger team.
We can offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, contributory pension, life assurance and enrolment in our cash back health care scheme.
Monday to Friday - 07.00-17.00
The main responsibilities of the Full Loads Manager include:
- To ensure that the functions of the Full Load transport department are met by the resources available and within designated time scales.
- To proactively assist in the development of KNP, the Full Load Department and its employees.
- To manage the allocation of driver resources including the usage and management of agency drivers.
- To maintain effective communication with the Planning, Customer Service and Warehouse teams.
- To ensure that vehicles for service / repairs are made are made available each day, as scheduled.
- To monitor trailer service schedule to ensure any trailer overdue is made available asap.
- To control the utilisation of the articulated vehicle and trailer fleet.
- To deal with any staff or driver issues as necessary.
- To provide day to day management of the Full Load desk and drivers.
- To follow and enforce all relevant employment, health and safety and working time legal regulations.
The essential qualities of the Transport Controller include:
- Influence people positively
- Demonstrate personal drive
- Experience of working in transport operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
If your skills match the above then we would like to hear from you so please press apply.