Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care Assistant required in the Moorgate S60 area of Rotherham
To support a positive gentleman with a good sense of humour and outgoing nature, by enabling him to maintain an independent and fulfilling life that meets his chosen lifestyle. He enjoys several activities such as going shopping, to the cinema and out for walks.
7 hours per week. 9am – 4pm on Saturdays, with optional, additional hours available to cover annual leave on other days as and when required.
Rate of Pay
£10 per hour
- Accompanying and supporting him in accessing the community and encouraging him to do so
- To help plan and suggest activities outside the home
- To take a proactive approach in all aspects of the role
- Personal care – to encourage toileting and support with dressing if required
- Meal and drink preparation
- General light household duties may be required on occasion
- To always maintain confidentiality
- To liaise with colleagues and his family to discuss any relevant concerns
- Can work under your own initiative and preferably with experience in 1:1 and 2:1 care support
- Experience in supporting an individual with challenging behaviour is desirable. Support and training will be provided by colleagues and family if required
- You must be an enthusiastic individual, as well as reliable, punctual, and flexible, with a positive attitude and calm manner
- Possess clear and concise communication skills
- A driver would be preferred but is not essential. The gentlemen has a Motability vehicle which you would use during work hours
- A DBS check may be required. The expense will be met by your employer
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of our client. Should your application be successful, and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the client and not by PeoplePlus - Independent Living Services.