Export Shipping Coordinator
We are seeking a motivated and customer focused Export Shipping Coordinator to join our busy Freight office. Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will be part of a small team liaising closely with our Export Sales Department, customers, suppliers and overseas agents. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus benefits to include; pension, cashplan healthcare scheme, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, free parking and generous product discount.
Established in 1992, we have grown from a small UK business selling posters, into a hugely successful multinational organisation. Through the combined strength of our global partners, we offer the best distribution network to our licensors and the best quality images to our customers. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Marvel, Disney, Star Wars and Harry Potter, designing, developing and manufacturing a wide range of gifts, stationery and wall art for our retail partners in the UK and worldwide.
The Export Shipping Coordinator will co-ordinate and track orders and containers from purchase order to point of delivery, ensuring our clients are kept informed of any delays and redirection of goods. Strong administration skills with excellent attention to detail are key to this role as you will produce and check essential shipping and import documentation required by customers and suppliers, as well as co-ordinate the delivery and despatch of freight. You will need to be flexible and able to react quickly to the changing demands of our customers, maintaining a calm and professional attitude at all times.
Export Shipping Coordinator Areas of Responsibility:
- Obtain quotations from shipping companies to pass on to the Export Sales team
- Daily liaison with the Export Sales team regarding collections and to ensure all relevant information on shipments is exchanged
- Process orders for shipments
- Co-ordinate with Freight collators to ensure timely despatches
- Maintain accurate records of despatch costs and traceability
- Liaise with customers regarding shipping information to maintain accurate records
- Confirm orders for despatch
- Produce delivery notes
- Take bookings and assist with transport arrangements by sea, air and road
- Produce and check essential shipping documentation required by customers and suppliers including bills of ladings, invoices, export customs entries
- Various other ad-hoc administrative duties
Export Shipping Coordinator Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience gained in a similar role within a shipping or logistics environment essential
- Knowledge of Export customs regulations and Incoterms
- Knowledge of EZ Cert, Letters of Credit and Certificate of Origin desirable
- Excellent communication skills with a good command of written and spoken English
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- A desire to deliver consistently high levels of customer service
- Analytical and numerate with a high level of speed and accuracy
- Able to organise and manage your own workload with a pro-active approach to highlighting and solving any issues
- The ability to pick things up quickly and build effective working relationships
- A great team player
This is a full time, office based role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.