Ref no: POW518492/POW540223LP
Job Description – Personal Assistant
We are a married couple in our late fifties / early sixties, living independently in the Newtown area of Powys. We have been assessed to receive direct payments to employ our own Personal Assistant(s) to enable us to continue living at home, as independently as possible.
We both live with affects from a Stroke and have a combination of care needs ranging from physical to cognitive, we are supported with these by a small team of Personal Assistants who provide us with a range of social, domestic and rehabilitation support. We require this support to be provided throughout a 5-day working week and these hours are provided to us by the team of Personal Assistants.
Days and Hours of Work
5 HOURS PER WEEK – PRO RATA
Every Monday and Friday – 2.5 hours per day
From 10am onwards – exact shift pattern to be discussed with successful applicant.
Please note - Overtime is available on an ad-hoc basis to cover annual leave / absence and additional needs as they arise, so flexibility is required of the successful applicant.
Rate of Pay
£9.65 per hour
Tasks and Duties
• Supporting us on a 1:1 / 1:2 basis
• Support and encourage our independence where possible, and preserve my personal sense of well-being
• Support around the home with domestic tasks
• Support with shopping as required
• Support with social stimulation
• Support with medical tasks / hospital appointments
• Support with rehabilitation tasks as required
• Any other reasonable tasks required
Type of Persons Required
• A person local to the Newtown / North Powys area.
• A person with a bubbly and easy-going manner.
• Punctuality is paramount.
• A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home.
• A person with an honest approach and a positive commitment to this kind of work.
• A car owner / driver.
• Flexibility to cover sickness and annual leave would be an advantage.
• Persons who are looking for a long-term commitment to remain in this job, to build a good professional relationship with us.
• A person who finds the shift pattern suitable to their lifestyle.
All training required will be provided in house by ourselves and our existing teams of PA’s.
About The Job
Salary Frequency – Calendar Monthly - By BACS.
Successful applicant will be subject to a three-month trial period.
A DBS check will be required, this will be at no cost to yourself.
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW518492/POW540223LP where it will then take you to where you can apply.
Please request an application form via our registered email address ILSPowys@peopleplus.co.uk or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW518492/POW540223LP
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our customers. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.