IT UK & ROI Infrastructure & Operations Engineer
The IT Infrastructure & Operations function is responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure and related IT operations used to enable business capabilities and services across the business.
- Be part of the team maintaining a shift rota and cover to support the business in and out of agreed hours.
- Develop and support the Infrastructure for IT & Operational Technology across the plants.
- Work to agreed service-level & operational-level metrics.
- Follow and strive for continuous improvement of the incident, problem, change & capacity management processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with all members of IT to advance the use of your own knowledge to all levels of IT.
- Highlight any trends, and work as part of the team to develop action plans for improving services & proactive management of services.
- Stay up to date on IT operations, wider IT initiatives/projects, business challenges and other external changes that could have an impact.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with all Company Policies, Procedures and Rules.
- Ensure compliance with local legislation and regulatory requirements relating to security concerning business activities in every country where we are active.
- Ensure third party organisations are managed effectively and in line with our SLA.
- Work with other IT support teams effectively to efficiently resolve service issues.
- Escalate serious or recurring service impacts to the management team to address recurring service issues.
- Ensure that the asset life cycle relating to end user devices is followed to ensure all devices follow a cradle to grave approach with the associated controls of user access and license activities.
- Respond to incidents in and out of hours.
- Reports to the Infrastructure & Operations Manager (UK/ROI)
- End users & associated business suppliers and customers.
- All other team members within IT which can affect or aid in improving the services
- 3rd Party support companies
- A strong focus on I&O.
- An inquisitive mind with ability to see and solve basic problems.
- A strong Team work ethic but the ability to work on your own.
- Ability to communicate information clearly.
- Not fixed to a 9-5 job.
- Has a Continuous Improvement mindset… good is ok but we can do better!
- A solid passion for IT & OT and application of it
- A strong desire to learn and develop within an IT function
- Ability to work with Accuracy, Attention to detail, Deliver to timelines, Methodical approach, a Sense of ownership & Professionalism.
- Preferred - Knowledge of IT Data centres/server tools and best practices
- Demonstrates relevant IT literacy.
- Work on their own initiative
Key Behaviours & Competencies
- Self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to relate the actions of IT I&O to the business
- A focus on Cyber Security and implementing security by design.
- Adherence to IT policies and processes to ensure consistent quality of service
- Develop a strong personnel performance goal
- Foster a close working relationship with other IT team members to ensure all incidents, underlying problems and requests are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner.
- A full driving licence & open to travel as needed.
- Work as part of the 24/7 cover for off-hour support when necessary.
- Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware platforms.
- Success will be evaluated by standard performance indicators, for example:
- Service availability measurement.
- Service-level goals being met and exceeded
- Contribution to the problem, change, release, knowledge and asset management processes