Technology Solutions DBA
Position: Technology Systems DBA
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Permanent role - Hybrid working
CDS Global is the leading provider of end-to-end business process outsourcing. With more than 45 years of expertise, we manage 200 million consumers for more than 1,000 magazine brands across the globe. CDS Global is based in the US and UK and we are known for the great care we take with clients, consumers and employees alike. Part of the Hearst Corporation, based in Market Harborough, Leicestershire, this is a great location situated on the edge of the town on the main road to Northampton and Leicester with easy and quick train line access to London.
We offer employees a lively, supportive and friendly workplace along with great benefits blended working arrangements, pension scheme, gym facilities, birthdays off, wellbeing programme, free eye tests, employee assistance programme, employee recognition schemes and more!
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This role will also be responsible for the development and sustainment of the CDS Global data warehouse and its associated processes, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance) and execution of data loads.
This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with MS SQL Server Administration.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- Strong SQL (T-SQL) knowledge.
- A good understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) and Data Warehouse concepts.
- In good working knowledge of Windows 10, Server 2012/2016 and 2019.
- A good knowledge of helpdesk procedures, ideally ITIL certified.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native SQL monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with MS SQL backups, restores and recovery models.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- Knowledge of HA (High Availability) and DR (Disaster Recovery) configuration options for MS SQL.
- An understanding of MS SQL security best practices.
- An understanding of PCI and GDPR requirements and compliancy
- Proactively manage and maintain documentation