Personal Assistant (Part Time)
Our 18-year-old son was born with a rare genetic condition called SSADH.
Although his vocabulary range is wide, he can be difficult to understand until you get to know him.
He generally uses a wheelchair but does use a walking frame if fully supported.
He is exceptionally fun-loving, enjoys being outdoors and loves to go out for meals & join in with suitable activities.
We are looking for a calm, kind, and loving person to engage with and support our son as required.
Days and Hours of Work
6 Hours Per Week Approx.
To include weekday and occasional weekends.
Specific days and hours to be discussed and agreed upon with the successful applicant.
Tasks and Duties
● Support with personal care
● Engaging in activities to keep me stimulated
● Liaise with parents to work in partnership
● Any other reasonable task that may be necessary
Type of Person Required
● A person local to our area of Newtown
● Car driver essential
● Reliable & Punctual
● Someone proactive
● Someone playful and animated
● Someone responsible
● Able to work off own initiative
● Good communication skills
● Someone kind and patient
● Honest and Trustworthy
● Someone physically fit as our son is big and strong
● Experience either personal or in similar work with young adults
● First Aid trained highly desirable
Rate of Pay
● £10 per hour
● Pay is monthly by BACS
● 5.6 Weeks Annual Leave (Pro Rata)
● 1st Aid Training – Highly Desirable
● Previous experience of working with children / health & social environment preferential but not essential, as full training will be provided in house.
● A person with the appropriate experience, attitude and commitment to provide the support to a high standard
About The Job
● This position requires a national insurance number, you will be employed and no cash in hand arrangement is available.
● You will be asked to undergo an enhanced DBS check (at no cost to yourself), and you will not commence work until this is completed.
● References Required
● A formal Contract of Employment will be provided.
● A trial period will be necessary in the first instance
If you are interested in this job, please register your interest via one of these methods:
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW540710(LP) where it will then direct you to an application
Alternatively email, email@example.com Quote reference; POW540710(LP)
Or call 0330 123 2815 and ask for a Powys Independent Living Advisor
You will then be requested to complete an application form which will be submitted to the employer.
A Note from PeoplePlus;
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our clients. Should your application be successful, and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the Service User and not by PeoplePlus.