To effectively perform the Material Planner duties supporting the Planning and Supply Chain Function to ensure optimum availability of raw materials and packaging and management of stock levels to optimize the value of Working Capital
1. Control and management of Production Order System using Tropos
2. Procurement of raw materials from approved suppliers and control of stock levels, using Tropos MRP and other internal systems, ensuring 100% availability to support the Production Plans.
3. Be an effective resource to both Internal and External customers and suppliers and provide support and accurate information as required.
4. To be an effective member of the Planning / Supply Chain Team, attending meetings where necessary and contributing effectively to achieve our business objectives.
5. To deputize for the Lead Material Planner and be seen as the successor to this role.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Assess stock levels of raw materials and expedite orders using Tropos MRP and other internal systems to support the production plans.
2. Understand and support the accurate Recipe and Cost Build System using Tropos
3. As part of the Stock Management Team, support the control of Raw Material stock levels to the agreed levels and understand the financial implications of actions
4. Use and understand the agreed processes to manage and control production orders. This will include raising, amending, cancelling and releasing orders and ensuring the plan attainment reports are an accurate reflection of the plans
5. Work closely with Purchasing and Operations functions to ensure materials are available in sufficient quantities.
6. Build and maintain excellent relationships with Internal and External Customers and Suppliers
7. Attend, participate in and add value to meetings as required – Stock meetings, Go Factory, Supplier Performance Meetings in conjunction with Purchasing and Technical Teams.
8. Support and provide accurate information for the Lead Material / Planning Manager and carry out tasks in a timely manner
9. Monitor deliveries from suppliers and query any delays and shortages Follow up on outstanding purchase orders, develop and internally communicate recovery plan.
10. Support the Supply Chain function by preparing stock reports.
11. Solve day-to-day cost/quality/scheduling issues with suppliers.
12. Pursue continuous improvement initiatives which seek to drive down costs.
13. Minimize the requirement for express transport of incoming material.
14. Learn the key elements of the Lead Material Planner role to ensure succession planning.
15. To ensure adherence to TAFC Health, Safety and Environmental Polices at all times including self, colleagues, visitors and contractors.
• Excellent pc skills with the ability to develop spreadsheets and databases.
• Highly numerate with an eye for detail and data accuracy
• Capable of showing initiative and being forward thinking
• Knowledge and experience of MRP/ERP Systems
• Good organizational & communication skills
• Good team player
• Customer focused
• Self motivated and able to work under pressure
• Embraces change
• Knowledge of Tropos MRP/ERP systems
• Previous experience of material planning in a frozen food manufacturing environment
• Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies