REF NO: POW489410(LP)2
Job Description – Personal Assistant
Days and Hours of Work
16 – 20 hours per week available
- Shifts to include weekdays and every other weekend (Actual shifts to discussed with successful applicant.)
Please note – Overtime is available on an ad-hoc basis to cover annual leave / absence and additional needs as they arise, so flexibility is required of the successful applicant.
Rate of Pay
£10.10 per hour
I am a gentleman in my early seventies, living independently in the Carno area of Powys.
I have been assessed to receive direct payments to employ my own Personal Assistant(s) to enable me to continue living at home, as independently as possible.
I have a physical disability and rely on a wheelchair to mobilise both internally and externally of my home environment. I live alone and currently have a small team of Personal Assistants who support me on a 1:1 and 2:1 basis with transfers via a hoist, personal care, continence care, nutrition & hydration. I require this support to be provided through four care visits daily and on 3 out of four of these visits, you would be working alongside another of my Personal Assistants – these visits will be on a rolling rota basis shared between the team and within your hours of employment, however weekend working is essential and flexibility an advantage to support in covering any annual leave / absence within the team.
Role & Responsibilities
Would include but are not limited to:
- Assist with supporting me in/out of bed and getting un/dressed
- Supporting me on a 1:1 and 2:1 basis
- Assist me with continence care
- Assist me with a shower / full body wash
- Assist with meal preparation
- Assisting me to transfer with aid of hoist into / out of my wheelchair / commode
- Changing bedding as required and doing the necessary laundry
- Support and encourage my independence where possible, and preserve my personal sense of well-being
- Support around the home with domestic tasks
- Any other reasonable tasks required
- A person local to the Carno area.
- A person with a bubbly and easy-going manner.
- A person who is dependable and arrives on time.
- A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home.
- A person with a positive commitment to this kind of work.
- A car owner / driver.
- Flexibility to cover sickness and annual leave would be an advantage.
- Persons who are looking for a long-term commitment to remain in this job, to build a good professional relationship with me.
- A person who finds the shift pattern suitable to their lifestyle.
- A person who can work as part of a team but also holds the initiative to work independently when required to do so.
Experience / Training
- Moving & Handling training is desirable but not essential as full in-house training will be provided by the existing team.
- Previous experience of both personal / professional care experience is desirable but not essential as full in-house training will be provided by the existing team.
About The job
Successful applicant will be paid four weekly – via BACS.
Successful applicant will be subject to a three-month trial period.
Successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check which will incur no costs to yourself.
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter POW489410(LP)2 where it will then take you to where you can apply.
Please request an application form via our registered email addres ILSPowys@peopleplus.co.uk or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW489410(LP)2
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service Users. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the Service User and not PeoplePlus.