Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care Assistant required on Saturdays and or Sundays near the Meadowhead (S8) area of Sheffield
To support a very friendly gentleman with a brain injury and limited mobility.
A reliable person who can commit to 12 hours on Saturdays and/or Sundays from 8am until 8pm (24 hours total over the 2 weekend days), plus annual leave cover on occasion during the weekdays.
Rate of pay:
£9.73 per hour plus statutory entitlements of leave and pension where applicable.
You will be providing the following support, for which experience is desirable but not essential, as training will be given.
- Drinks and meal preparation, including support with feeding
- All continence support and other personal care needs
- Assistance with dressing for the day and for bed
- Changing the bed linen and support with laundry
- Moving and positioning between bed, shower chair and chair
- Interacting and communicating, spending time and providing support to be in the garden and local community
- To take a proactive approach in all aspects of the role
- Able to use the telephone and be fully competent in spoken and written English. You must possess excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language. The ability to be succinct in your communication is essential.
- You must be an enthusiastic individual, as well as reliable, punctual and flexible, with a positive attitude and calm manner.
- Experience in a similar role is essential. Training will be provided around his current needs if required.
- A driver is not essential.
- The successful applicant needs to be fully vaccinated against Coronavirus.
Start date as soon as possible.
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of our client. Should your application be successful, and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the client and not by PeoplePlus - Independent Living Services.