Bakery Operative (Ilkeston)
No Agencies Please
Bakery Operative x 2
Reporting to the Line Leader this role will be responsible for assisting in the production of all the bakery products to the required orders and specification in accordance with the required standards.
As part of our production team, you will be involved in all aspects of production and packaging of bakery products, in accordance with our guidelines in order to ensure the highest standard of quality for our site and products.
Hours of work: Weekly average 38.5 hours (7x12hour shifts in 14)
What you will contribute:
- Follow instructions of daily work structure from your supervisor and/or production manager to maintain despatch targets.
- Work in different areas of the bakery as required according to daily demand.
- Work effectively as part of a Team, in line with family values.
- Meet delivery deadlines by ensuring efficient processing of workload.
- Maintain personal standards (hygiene)
- Complete relevant paperwork and report any non-conformances to the relevant supervisor or manager.
- Maintain good timekeeping/attendance and communicate any absence.
- Follow out any reasonable instruction as requested by your supervisors or managers.
- Maintain a clean as you go policy.
- Maintain the food safety, legality and quality standards as set.
- Awareness of staff and equipment in your area.
- Work in a safe responsible manner & not endanger your safety or the safety of others.
- Follow any reasonable management request.
- Adhere to SOPs, CICs, SSOWs, WIs, procedures and risk assessments.
- Fully engaged with the safety programme
- Full knowledge of manual handling requirements
- Flexible approach to support production requirements
What you will bring:
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions carefully.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn and develop with a flexible approach to the various tasks.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
About Frank Roberts & Sons
Our family business knows a thing or two about baking bread – and challenging traditions. From the moment we started in 1887, we’ve taken a fresh approach. Roberts Bakery began as a grocery store, but one that sold freshly baked bread to the residents of Northwich in the heart of Cheshire. We’re still based in the same lovely town, and our bakery is a local landmark. Everyone here knows our iconic cooling towers, with glass walls that show the freshly baked loaves whizzing around on their conveyor belts. While our experimental approach has largely been behind the scenes, our other hallmark has always been firmly centre stage: quality. We use only the finest ingredients to produce delicious bread and other baked goods. At our Little Treats Bakery, we believe everybody deserves a little treat from time to time. So, we make, bake and decorate delightfully delicious biscuits and iced treats for everyone to enjoy. Find out more at: www.frank-roberts.co.uk/about-us/