Dev Ops Engineer
Position: Dev Ops Engineer
Location: Remote coming into the office for meetings/training when required
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
CDS Global is the leading provider of end-to-end business process outsourcing. With more than 45 years of expertise, we manage 200 million consumers for more than 1,000 magazine brands across the globe. CDS Global is based in the US and UK and we are known for the great care we take with clients, consumers and employees alike. Part of the Hearst Corporation, based in Market Harborough, Leicestershire, we offer employees a lively, supportive and friendly workplace. This is a great location situated on the edge of the town on the main road to Northampton and Leicester with easy and quick train line access to London.
We are looking for an experienced Dev Ops Engineer to join our growing team.
As a DevOps Engineer working within the Web Development Team, you will help us deliver value to our customers quickly, accurately and securely. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our Web Development Team to deploy and operate our systems, help to automate and streamline our processes, build and maintain tools for system monitoring, and troubleshoot/resolve issues in our test and production systems. You will also drive continuous improvements in the CI/CD pipeline to ensure we are able to seamlessly build and deploy applications to our environments. You will need strong application support experience and expertise in implementing DevOps best practices within a large organisation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source Control Management (Azure Dev Ops (GIT))
- Build/Release management
- Release Notes, ideally automation and link to Azure Dev Ops Backlog Items
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Azure Dev Ops Pipelines, SonarQube, Octopus, Nuget
- Automated code review software against coding standards and OWASP security standards
- Server Configuration, Azure Cloud
- Web Server setup and management (Azure Cloud)
- Automation of tools for Development and Support use
- Test builds before passing to the QA team
- Monitor performance of all systems
- Gatekeeper for software releases, based on CI rule sets
- Monitoring for system stability and in terms of outages deal with in efficient manner and make sure the correct stakeholders are communicated with
- Windows Server 2012 onwards
- Understanding of networking principles, TSL/SSL certificates, load balancers
- Experience migrating application from on premises hosting to cloud hosting
- Experience deploying web applications to cloud and data centres
- Automation / optimisation of applications
- Familiar with DevOps tooling and environments
- Strong Migrations experience
- Excellent working knowledge across a blend of Azure Dev Ops, SonarQube, Octopus or similar
- Knowledge of Cloud Formation (Azure)
- Ecommerce Background
- Scripting knowledge – Python, Powershell, groovyscript, YAML or similar
- Upskilling/mentoring of more junior colleagues
- Working with Microsoft Stack with experience of integrating with LAMP technologies
- Azure environment
- C#, ASP.Net, .net Core
Great CDS benefits holidays, birthdays off, pension, annual bonus, gym, cycle to work scheme, healthcare scheme, benefit portal for discount shopping, reward and award schemes, fun activities and more!
If you think this may be the role for you please apply we look forward to hearing from you.