Personal Assistant / Support Worker
Background to the job:
We are looking for an experienced PA to assist our mum who is 87 years old and has dementia. Mum needs help in the morning with her personal care, giving her medication, making her breakfast and then taking her to a local day centre 2 miles from our home.
Mum attends day centre during the week and she also needs to be collected from the day centre. She needs to be brought home and then follow a routine to get her in bed to rest after the day centre.
Hours. Time of work
11 hrs per week (flexible hrs)
Rates of pay and other benefits:
£12 per hour
There is financial enhancement for working on a Bank Holiday. Wages will increase to £18.00 ph
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personal Care
- Household duties – Mums bedroom and her bathroom/toilet
- Driving to appointments and assistance in and out of vehicle
- Limited food shopping at local stores if & when required
- - Working in a safe way and highlight health and safety concerns
- Female due to personal care
- Full driving licence
- Flexible approach to the work
- Able to work increased hours at times throughout the year to cover weekend staff on holiday or off sick an to provide support to the family as required.
- Previous care or personal assistance experience required and working with someone with dementia.