SAP Programmer & Interface Specialist
We have a small SAP development team, you will be a member of this team and will work closely with our SAP functional analysts to ensure accuracy and completeness of functional requirements, create technical specifications and develop programs according to specifications.
You will be responsible for all technical component delivery and participate in full integration testing. You will assume responsibility for testing the application code from a technical perspective to verify that programs follow standards and meets technical specifications. You will participate in working sessions with functional and business team members to identify requirements for new functionality/programs or changes to existing programs.
You will support best practices through ABAP solutions within business processes in SAP and through interfaces with systems external to SAP.
You will have experience in working with interface processes between the SAP system and external systems, as well as being able to use the following technical tools:
- Application development
- ABAP CDS Views via Eclipse, ABAP CDS Table functions (AMDP) with native SQL
- OO Programming, Familiar with DAO model
- SAP Query
- OData development
- DWC / SAC
- User Exit, BAdis SMOD, CMOD and modifications
- Report development and Query writing
- Develop ALV layouts and user interface innovations
- Existing program debugging and enhancement
- Interface development & support for both downloads/uploads to and from SAP (flat file, RFC, IDocs and Webservices)
- Output development with SAPScript and Smartforms
- Data loads via custom programs and LSMW (BDC, BAPI and IDoc)
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Batch Job scheduling and management
- Function modules testing and application
- ALE/IDoc processing
- Knowledge SAP modules: SD, MM, WM, FI/CO, PP, PM
Skills, qualifications and experience:
You will have substantial ABAP programming experience, be a self-motivated person who uses creativity in problem solving, have a willingness to learn the functional side of SAP in all modules and the underlying database structures. The role requires working with the internal SAP team and the ability to support end-users. You will therefore have experience of interfacing with internal & external customers
- Experienced SAP/ECC6 developer
- Implementation experience
- Upgrade experience
- Patch testing
- Microsoft experience – Office 365
- UI5/HTML5/Fiori App development experience - Desirable
- SAP Certified - Desirable
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Car Allowance
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.