PART-TIME PERSONAL ASSISTANT
PART-TIME PERSONAL ASSISTANT
JOB DESCRIPTION – PER512224.
HOURS: 17 hours a week.
RATE: £10 per hour.
Hours based on:
Thursdays – 8:30am – 4:30pm
Fridays – 8:30am – 4:30pm
Job Share option: One PA to cover both shifts. Or two PA’s covering split shifts. Shift can be split as two separate days or split as mornings and afternoons.
ABOUT ME: I am a woman looking for a PA to assist my day-to-day life. I have disabilities that can fluctuate each day, I use an active wheelchair and experience debilitating fatigue. I have two young daughters and would like assistance on days my husband goes to work. I would like to be able to access the community such as going to parks with my daughters and my dog. I am friendly, family orientated and creative, I would like to find a like-minded PA although, not essential. My disability can really fluctuate and some days, on my bad days I may not be able to talk much, during winters months I am more bed bound/house bound. Would like to create a rapport where the PA will be able to use initiative to do tasks needing to be done when I’m not well. I would like a PA that maintains my dignity and independence.
JOB PURPOSE: To assist me, a woman and a mum with day-to-day activities enabling myself, to maintain an independent and fulfilling life that meets my chosen lifestyle. My disability means my daily needs can fluctuate, sometimes I will need help with personal care and other days I am mostly self-caring. My family helps me but on these days your role would be to assist me in everyday life to manage certain aspects of my day, especially on my bad days. Role would include roles such as assisting with washing, supporting me with my two daughters, helping with housework and meal preparation.
- Supporting my daily plans
- Accessing community, shopping/parks
- Preparing meals and drinks
- Domestics tasks
- Helping with my youngest daughter
- Errands, popping to the local shops
- Help with dog walking
- Working in a safe way, highlighting health and safety concerns
- Assisting with management of health risks
- Establish and maintain effective communication
- Maintaining dignity and confidentiality
- Not wear perfume as sensitive to fragrances
- Using initiative of what to do i.e. domestic tasks
- Ideally self-employed worker, although not essential
LOCAL & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Within employer’s home in Longwell Green (BS30) Bristol & local community
- 6 weeks of annual leave per year
- Friendly and flexible employer
- Must like dogs
- Immediate start
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANT:
- Good sense of humour
- Good patience & understanding to deliver needs of the employer
- Flexible, reliable and honest
- If applicant is Self-Employed, the rate of pay will be £12.23
- Good general fitness
- An enhanced DBS check will be required
‘Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our customers. Should your application be successful and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the customer and not by PeoplePlus’