PERSONAL ASSISTANT / SUPPORT WORKER
I am a chatty, sociable and creative 20 year old lady living at home with my Grandmother and our dog in the Llandrindod Wells area.
I have a mild learning disability and therefore need some support with socialising, certain living skills and building and maintaining my independence.
I am like to help people and I am very outgoing and enjoy outdoorsy group activities. I have loved Scouts and trips out with Credu and the various activities involved, I have earned my bronze and silver Duke Of Edinburgh awards and with a little support would love to attain my gold. I’m a confident swimmer and enjoy swimming and kayaking.
I attend college 4 days a week, and I also volunteer and work in a charity shop.
I need some support with road safety, budgeting, travel skills. I am hoping to find a bubbly, outgoing PA to support me in building my daily living skills, and to enhance my social inclusion, supporting me to get out independently of my family doing activities I will enjoy and trying and learning new things, meanwhile boosting my confidence.
I enjoy to go off to Hereford or Merthyr for the day to look round the shops or go bowling.
It would be great if you can come up with some ideas of interesting places we could go and things we could do.
Tasks and Duties
- Accompany me to places I enjoy – both by Driving me and using public transport with me
- Research into places that we could go that may be of interest to me
- Engaging in activities with me
- Ensure I am safe
- Supporting me to use public transport
- Support me with budgeting
- Assisting me to do my personal shopping
- Assisting me to prepare my tea time meal
- Being good company with good conversation
- Staying with and keeping an eye on me at all times as I am prone to wander
- Supporting me to work in the charity shop
- Any other reasonable task that may be necessary
TYPE OF PERSON REQUIRED
- Someone Bubbly
- Someone outgoing, active and upbeat
- Good listener
- Someone proactive
- Responsible and Reliable
- A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home
- Able to work off own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Someone kind and patient
- Someone supportive but not overpowering
- Experience in similar work is desirable but not essential as right attitude is most important
- Car driver and owner desirable
Days and Hours of Work
12 Hours Per Week
Will include block of 6 hours on Wednesdays – time flexible and negotiable
Also 1 evening once a month – day negotiable but potentially a Monday –
5.00pm – 9.00pm –
to meet me from the college bus, support me to make my tea and then do an activity like go swimming
Remaining hours are flexible and negotiable around my college hours.
Ability to do more hours in college holidays is desirable.
Happy to have a job share and split the hours between 2 people, so please apply if you can offer some of the hours, please state clearly your availability
There is no mandatory training for this job.
A person with the appropriate attitude and commitment will be able to do the job.
Rate of Pay
£9.60 per hour
Any mileage for journeys made with or on behalf of me 0.40p per mile, and any expenses for our activities will be paid.
Does not cover mileage to and from place of work
Bank holidays not required
Pay is monthly by BACS
About The job
This position requires a national insurance number.
Applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS police check at no cost to yourself.
On line application
Please request an application form via our registered email address email@example.com or call 0330 123 2815 quoting the reference number POW537505(LK)
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our customers. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.