Salary – £22,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience and skills)
Hours – 8:30am – 5pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Coordinator to join a small but busy and friendly team in Tamworth. We are searching for the candidate who has the most amazing can-do attitude, someone unafraid to pick up the phone and someone who has ideally had shipping and logistics experience – a problem solver!
We offer a competitive salary with 20 days holiday (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays, death in service, private healthcare, optional pension scheme, flexible working with working from home optional.
We are one of the UK’s leading companies in composite and engineered repair of pipelines in both the offshore and onshore petrochemical industries. We are looking to recruit an Operations Coordinator who will support the Operations Team Leader with managing the day to day operations of the business, ensuring the smooth running of our activities from start to finish. We are a growing company who hold a niche position within our field, we complete operations globally and you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of goods and mobilisation of personnel to all sites. We have multiple job scopes happening simultaneously, often in different areas of the world - complex logistics are the norm. You must be able to keep a cool head under pressure, prioritise independently and communicate professionally and clearly with our customers to ensure the business supports each site’s individual needs. Retaining, remembering and documenting information from previous mobilisations is crucial to allow us to cater to our clients in a personal and bespoke manner. You must also be able to speak to our repair technicians confidently and warmly, keeping them in the loop with their personal travel requirements. Our operations department is an international one so you must be comfortable with holding meetings and phone calls via video call.
This is a 24/7 response business and we often respond to our customers emergency needs during weekends and past 5pm, the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to work these hours, you will join the on-call rota alongside the logistics team. Please expect that the organisation of urgent mobilisations often goes on beyond 5pm.
We are a people company first and foremost and we have fantastic and loyal staff. As a family business we prioritise a welcoming and sociable culture in which we all enjoy working together to provide an excellent service. We are looking for a committed individual who enjoys working as part of a team as well as taking responsibility to manage themselves and their role. If you would like to be part of this team then we would be delighted to hear from you!
- Can-do attitude
- Excellent phone manner
- Confident and friendly customer liaison
- Professional attitude to problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Able to work weekends and after hours when the need arises
- Ability to put together succinct, accurate and professional emails
- Confidence with excel spreadsheets and other technological interfaces such as PDF, word, google translate, Skype, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Previous administration experience essential
- Previous shipping experience desirable
- Previous logistics experience desirable
- It would also be desirable if you could speak French, but this is not essential
- Liaising with customers to meet their mobilisation and shipping requirements
- Preparing quotes for customers and issuing invoices at job completion stage
- Ensure completion documentation is issued to clients at the end of each job
- Compiling site packs for technicians to take on jobs
- Approving technicians’ invoices
- Preparing all shipping documentation required
- Manage technicians’ training requirements and ensure repeat courses are booked in a timely manner
- Ensure all customer questionnaires, forms and other paperwork required is completed promptly
- Book up all travel plans for technicians and other Pipeworks staff