Urdu speaking Support Worker
Job Purpose and work duties
To assist with the day-to-day activities enabling the employer who is an elderly gentleman and is a wheelchair user.
Living in the Dudley area, he requires a Personal Assistant who speaks Punjabi/Urdu as first language
Helping to maintain an independent and fulfilling life that meets their chosen lifestyle.
- Personal Care (Showering and dressing)
- The employer would also like to be taken to the Mosque
Other duties will include:
- Domestic tasks e.g. laundry, house cleaning and meal preparation.
- Outdoor walking/exercise
- Taking to appointments
- Assisting with leisure and community activities
- Mobility, ensuring the employers safety
- Undertaking activities for employer
- Ensuring employers home is clean, hygienic, and safe
- Working in a safe way and highlighting health and safety concerns
- Assisting with management of employer’s health risks
- Establish and maintain effective communication
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Driver essential
- Within the employer’s home and surrounding area of DY5
Hours and rate of pay
- 9 hours per week at £9.00 per hour.
- Experience of providing care
- Good sense of humour
- Ability to understand and deliver the needs of the employer
- Ability to undertake domestic activities
- Flexible, reliable and honest
- Good general fitness
- An enhanced DBS check will be required
- ‘Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our customers. Should your application be successful, and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the customer and not by PeoplePlus’