Are you an experienced Waste Coordinator, looking for a new career opportunity within a growing business?
Go Perm is working with a Hazardous Waste Treatment facility in Sheffield and we are looking for a forward-thinking person to join the expanding team as the full-time Waste Technician.
Position: Waste Coordinator
Salary: £26,000 per year
Hours: Monday to Thursday working between 08.00 - 16.30 and Friday 08.00 - 16.00
- Salary: £26,000 per year
- Unlimited additional training opportunities
- Holidays which increase with service
- Bupa Cashback Scheme and Employee Assistance Program (children covered free of charge)
- Tastecard Rewards
- Complimentary drinks on site
- Pension Scheme
- Gift Day (non-transferable day 24th December)
About You, Skills, Abilities, and Attitude
- Applicants must have a minimum HNC or Degree Level Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field.
- Experience in working in the Waste Sector
- Knowledge of TFS (Trans Frontier Shipment)
- Self-starter, able to work independently without extensive supervision.
- A team player who enjoys working in a relaxed, close knit team.
- Able to work with ease in an open plan work environment which can get busy.
- We are a pet friendly workplace therefore having an affinity to working dogs is important.
- A great communicator who is articulate and can cross departments delivering key information to the audience they are addressing is a fundamental skill for this role
- Assisting with EA Applications for new waste streams
- Ensuring incoming consignments of wastes have appropriate paperwork (Consignment Note/Duty of Care) completed correctly and copies are held on site and passed back to the haulier.
- Completing acceptance checks to ensure waste is safe for acceptance to site
- Ensuring safe storage labelling and segregation of waste for processing or onward transfer.
- Reporting any non conformances
- Determining and reporting tonnage of waste received
- Perform daily inspections of the transfer area, highlight (and where appropriate remedy) and report potential breaches of permit or safe working conditions
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety driven environment
- Assisting other teams and performing other duties when required by the business.
- Operation of FLT (Training given)