Female Support Worker
Job Title: Female Support Workers/Personal Assistants Driver – to job share
The employer has claimed an exception under the Equality Act 2010.
Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour
Hours: Flexible hours required to cover annual leave and sickness of a team of PA’s.
Purpose of the Job
To support a young woman who has a rare form of epilepsy and has blackouts, to access the community safely and support within the home.
Taking direction from the client, you will be able to assist with the following:-
• To take an active interest in supporting and encouraging independent living skills, such as personal shopping, supporting with meal preparation and drinks (client is unable to use knives and will need support when using heating equipment or hot water), and to ensure the client is fully supervised during all of these activities.
• To support the client to access activities of her choice and encourage her to try new ones. You will fully participate with these activities where necessary and provide supervision at all times.
• An understanding of MERFF Syndrome would be useful.
• To be flexible in work hours but offer structure and be dependent.
• To be caring, understanding and patient as blackouts can happen at any time without warning.
• Support is required at all times when mobilising outside the home.
• Support attending health appointments and to enable independence when accessing the community.
To provide support within the home and community in Tamworth, Staffordshire. You may on occasions, also be required to support the client outside of this area.
Experience and appropriate training demonstrating work with vulnerable adults.
A kind, considerate and proactive person who is willing to be patient and understanding of the needs of a 25 year old.
You will be directly accountable to your employer in all aspects of your work and should listen to her requests and directions.
This post is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment. This is a confidential process and at no cost to yourself.
You must have a valid driver’s licence, the employer does have a mobility car that you will be asked to drive, due to insurance purposes the successful applicant must be over 21.
You must show the insurance document and driving licence to your employer when asked to do so. If you were to lose your licence then this may lead to dismissal unless other suitable roles became available within the employer’s home.
The post is subject to a 6 month’s probationary period.
The Rowan Organisation is acting on behalf of a third party and will not be your employer, nor responsible for any actions arising out of your employment.