Female Personal Assistant - NI/LM/SCC3
Job description – Female Personal Assistant
Job Title: Female Personal Assistant
Responsible to: Parents
Hourly rate: £9.00 per hour 08.00am – 23.00pm
£8.91 per hour 23.00pm – 08.00am
Hours of Work: 0 – 16 hours per week (some night hours)
Contingency cover for main Personal Assistant
Cover required: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 0830 to 1030am and 2pm to 430pm (May vary and not every week), to include some overnight respite. Hours can be negotiated.
Also, transport is required to Day Care services on Monday’s and Wednesday’s.
To provide care & social support to a young woman with a physical disability & learning disability to promote independence at home or in the community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To encourage and promote self awareness of acceptable behaviour in social situations.
- Some personal care/hygiene
- Prompt/administer medication
- Ensure that young person’s safety and best interest is always priority.
- Assistance with everyday independence skills as deemed appropriate by employer, young person & employee.
- To maintain a good standard of hygiene.
- Complete and maintain accurate timesheets as appropriate.
- To be flexible with hours worked.
- You have a responsibility as an Employee to report all accidents to the employer immediately. You must record all details in the accident book.
- You have a duty of care to report any illness or seizures as appropriate as soon as practicable.
Accessing the Community:
- Assistance with going out shopping, using public transport and supporting independence.
- Support in other social activities when required.
As a personal assistant, you will be directed by and accountable to your employer and employer’s representative in all aspects of your work and must always listen to requests and directions.
First aid training and seizure/medication training will be given.
- Experience of dealing with epileptic seizures and learning disability is essential.
- To have an easy going personality.
- Be honest, reliable & trustworthy.
- Able to work flexibly and follow instructions.
- Good sense of humour.
- You will also need to respect the privacy of the young person & Employer and have an understanding of confidentiality in all areas of your work.
A Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for the post.
Two references will be required.