Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
We are recruiting a health, safety and environmental officer to join our fast-paced and progressive team at our Cookstown site.
The role holder will support the health, safety and environmental manager (HSE) taking responsibility for providing expert advice to the site in the management of the health, safety, and environmental matters. Ensuring that the appropriate management systems and procedures are in place as well as monitoring compliance with these processes. Ensuring all activities are coordinated to allow the delivery of optimum results to meet operational, customer and legislative requirements.
- Assist the HSE Manager with the setting up and maintaining of good reporting procedures, communications and distribution of information between employees
- Assist in the development and maintenance of risk assessments and safe systems of work processes
- Support in the maintenance of safety and environmental data
- Coordinating the implementation of company standards and changes to legislation
- Suggesting, when requested, suitable training for employees to provide awareness of safety and environmental management, accident prevention and potential hazards to health
- Maintain appropriate records and provide statistics to senior management as required
- Ensuring adequate systems are in place to maintain and update individual training records for all personnel in keeping with the legal and company requirements
- Support the HSE manager by completing safety audits and workplace inspections and identifying any weaknesses that may be evident and taking the appropriate actions
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrable track record of achievement in a health and safety role, with a thorough knowledge of health and safety regulations and legislation (essential)
- A qualification relating to health, safety and environment (essential)
- Good knowledge of food industry health, safety and environmental requirements
- NEBOSH certificate, or be prepared to study for the same
- Ambition and true self-motivation, the role requires high energy and flexibility
- Excellent communicator, with an engaging, motivational and professional attitude
- Logical thinker, with a systematic and consistent approach, with the courage of their convictions in order to challenge appropriately and where necessary
- Experience of proactively promoting best practise and successfully, engaging factory teams to make and accept change
- Excellent excel, database, word and powerpoint skills
- Environmental qualification such as IEMA (advantageous)
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
Closing date: 20th January 2022
“Applications for this role will be considered immediately with a view to placing the right individual as soon as possible, so please register your interest early. Please note, the role may close in advance of the advertised closing date, which is for guidance only”.
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.