Carer / Personal Assistant in Tower Hamlets E2
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Role: To help a disabled LGBT individual to live independently in their home and the community
Rate of Pay: £10.85 (London Living Wage)
Working Hours: 23.75 hours (23 hours and 45 minutes) per week. You will be given a rota, induction, contract of employment and associated benefits to encourage long term engagement.
Summary: To help me, a disabled LGBT individual, to live independently in my home and the community, be comfortable in carrying out all aspects of personal care, maintain a clean home, access the community safely, and help them keep my small support dog.
I am based in Bethnal Green, London E2 – 2 minutes’ walk from local bus stops, 5 minutes’ walk from Hoxton Overground Station and 20 minutes’ walk from Bethnal Green Underground Station. I can provide free parking for up to 8 hours per day.
You are not required to have a medical background, but the right candidate should feel comfortable handling medication. Previous care work experience is desired but not required.
- To always respect my privacy and confidentiality
- To have had both covid vaccines and booster
- To punctual and reliable
- To work well in a short period of time, be willing to listen/take instructions, learn and take own initiative
- To be a strong communicator in the English language to help us work efficiently, effectively, and safely
- To be polite, respectful and have a good work ethic and people skills
- To help the employer shower/wash and dress
- To cook/heat up and serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks
- To make sure that I have access to food and drink when I am on my own
- To be comfortable in cooking pork products and be around a small dog
- To help do the weekly shop in local shops and market
- To clean the house, dispose of rubbish and do the laundry
- To enjoy working with people, be comfortable with providing personal care
- To act as a companion to various face to face appointments, visit places in the community as required
- To support me with taking medication and help address any medical needs I may have with medical professionals
- To help with walking and taking my small dog to the vets
You will work for me directly; there is no agency involved.
You will be required to produce a valid passport, proof of entitlement to work in the UK at interview. An Enhanced Disclosure Barring Check will also be required for this position.