D&D Corporation Ltd is currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative for our growing Health, Beauty & household branded products e-commerce business. This position is offered initially on a zero hour trial period contract with the potential to become a full time permanent role within three months of passing probational period. Based in Slough, we can offer a competitive salary of from £20 - £22K per annum.
We are a small friendly business with staff welfare at the heart of our company. The warehouse is based in a storage facility very near to Slough main train and bus station SL2 5EN, which is kept in a very neat and clean state at all times. Additional perks of the job include onsite car park and branded products at discounts.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, honest and hard-working person who is well organised and has excellent packing and stock management skills. This key role within the company requires the candidate to possess the ability to work autonomously checking deliveries as they come into business, and efficiently placing stock at appropriate space within the warehouse.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for ensuring that customer orders are accurately fulfilled and are packed to a high standard prior to shipment along with working in a health and safety compliant way in the warehouse. Other duties include:
- Locating the correct goods as per customer orders and picking list.
- Using Trolley or pump truck to move goods
- Inspecting goods for damage or faults before they are packed
- Stacking and shrink wrapping packaged goods onto pallets ready for shipping
- Ensuring that storage areas are kept fully stocked and correctly stacked at all
- Meet weekly Key Performance indicators in relation to accuracy, stock levels, tidiness and shipment of parcels.
The successful candidate must:
- Have the ability to think logically to manage and rotate stock
- Have minimum one to two years’ experience in warehouse environment. (Desirable)
- Have up to date knowledge of industrial health and safety policies that are applicable to warehouses
- Be able to spend long periods of time on their feet and able to carry light and medium boxes
- Possess good level of common sense, confident communicator with excellent manners.
- Positive mental attitude with start to finish work ethic.
- Willing to Learn, grow and achieve Results.
The hours of work are 08:45am-17:30pm with 45 minutes lunch break. However from time to time you will be expected to stay late to complete the task in hand. We work 7 days a week and you will be required to work on Saturday or Sunday dependent upon the rota one day over the weekends.
A candidate with a polite, positive and can do attitude will thrive in this growing business. If you feel you match the above requirements, please apply online.