STUDENT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES 2022
WE HAVE 12 MONTH STUDENT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT KARRO COOKSTOWN FOR 2022 IN:
- Operations / Process Improvements to include:
- Planning and Logistics
- Process Engineering
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Welcoming, nurturing and learning environment
- A challenging, multi-disciplinary and rewarding placement
- Development of core management skills and competencies through a structured development programme
- Ongoing training including certified and bespoke industry-specific programmes
- Participate in key projects that help deliver tangible performance improvements
- Opportunity to succeed, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to have your contribution recognised
- Develop a pathway for potential future employment
What we ask for:
- Studying for a third-level qualification
- Positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with an interest in developing effective working relationships
- Creative and goal-oriented thinking with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Available for 12 months and to start in the summer of 2022
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills
- Strong focus on achieving results
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability
Be a part of Karro Cookstown’s team for 12 months, with a competitive paid salary and get great taste for the world of work. Get first-hand experience of what it is like in a business environment with on-the-job experience and the opportunity to meet and work alongside experts in the world of food production. You’ll also develop important business skills that will shape the rest of your career whilst supporting a world-class food manufacturer to deliver.
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Who are Karro?
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year
Karro Cookstown supplies fresh pork, cured and processed meats such as bacon and ham to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers both locally and internationally; to export markets such as China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines and the USA. We process approx. 25,000 pigs each week in our site in Cookstown and 120,000 tonnes of meat annually. We are focused on investing in our people to build capability and development opportunities in order to bring success. Our 950 skilled employees are at the heart of the organisation; providing opportunities for on the job training, bespoke development programmes and certified qualifications.
Our famous ‘Cookstown’ brand of products has also been on every plate in every home in Northern Ireland, something we are very proud of.
PLEASE SUPPLY A CV AND COVERING LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
CLOSING DATE 14TH JANUARY 2022