Product Compliance Co-ordinator
We have a vacancy for a Product Compliance Co-ordinator, based at our premises in Leicester. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus benefits to include pension, Cashplan Healthcare scheme, generous product discount and free parking.
Established in 1992, we have grown from a small UK business selling posters, into a hugely successful multinational organisation. Through the combined strength of our global partners, we offer the best distribution network to our licensors and the best quality images to our customers. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Marvel, Disney, Star Wars and Harry Potter, designing, developing and manufacturing a wide range of gifts, stationery and wall art for our retail partners in the UK and worldwide.
Product Compliance Co-ordinator – The Role:
The Product Compliance Co-ordinator is responsible for organising and arranging all product evaluation, testing, translations, factory quality controls and all areas of product/factory compliance in the UK, Europe and Far East. We work with many global brands and each licensor has their own set of guidelines we need to follow.
The Product Compliance Co-ordinator will work closely with the Procurement and Sales teams, carrying out administrative tasks and supporting on projects involving product certification and conformity. The role involves liaising with test houses on regulatory submissions, communicating with suppliers and staff members of all levels, and providing support across the different teams.
- Development and maintenance of new and existing product certification.
- Use product drawings, bill of materials and product datasheets from the team to complete and file applications for product approvals in the UK and overseas.
- Maintaining and enhancing 3rd party relationships for consultancy, testing and certification activities.
- Working with the Far East team on quality assurance of stock orders.
- Liaise with the suppliers of raw materials products to collect evidence of compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Working with customers’ systems to update testing reports for each specific product.
- Work with other departments to arrange test samples for submission to test labs.
- Support and work with other areas of the Pyramid Group on product certification and conformity.
- Work with the Creative team on translations for product labelling to ensure all guidelines are met.
- Liaise with suppliers in the UK and Far East regarding Sedex/BSCI audits, ensuring all suppliers are fully compliant with the guidelines.
- Running risk assessments for new and existing products.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Must have previous experience in the field of product compliance, performance and safety standards and social auditing
- Experience of working with factories and testing houses globally
- Self motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to remain focused in a busy office
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure clear lines of communication with colleagues, affiliates, customers and suppliers
- Thorough and meticulous with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A team player, but must be able to work alone and without supervision
This is a full time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week. Normal hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.