Personal Care Assistant
Female Personal Care Assistant required in the Swinton, S64 area of Rotherham
To support an active, outgoing and positive lady with some communication, reading and writing skills, enabling her to maintain an independent and fulfilling life that meets her chosen lifestyle. She enjoys shopping, attending the theatre, and many more activities.
This role would be best suited to a caring and compassionate individual with previous 1:1 care experience, who can be relied upon to remain flexible and patient.
Hours / Times of Work
4 hours per week to be worked as either a single 4-hour shift per week, or 2 shifts of 2 hours each per week. Specific days and times can be discussed further during the interview stage and the employer will aim to remain flexible around your needs.
Rates of Pay and other Benefits
The position meets national minimum wage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Some personal care may be required, including dressing on occasion
- Prompting medication
- Meal and drink preparation on occasion if requested
- Light domestic duties, including washing, hoovering and general tasks
- Accompanying to support with food shopping when required
- Support with community transport
- To take a proactive approach in all aspects of the role
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle and healthy eating
- Assistance with administration – letters, phone calls, arranging appointments, etc.
- Accompanying and supporting to attend medical appointments
- A kind, friendly and cheerful individual who is trustworthy and reliable
- Can work under their own initiative and preferably with previous experience in 1:1 care support
- Training will be provided around current needs as required
- Must be flexible in duties and days/times required
- An ability to maintain confidentiality
- Previous experience in caring for an individual with challenging behaviour is preferred
- An understanding of emotional support and the beneficial impact that it can have on all involved
- Possesses a keen ability to identify and communicate issues, risks and needs which may not be immediately apparent
Due to personal care requirements this position is open to female applicants only
Section 9; Schedule 83 [Work: Exceptions] (Part 1; Occupational Requirements) - applies to this post
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of our client. Should your application be successful, and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by the client and not by PeoplePlus - Independent Living Services.