Are you an experienced Finance Assistant looking for your next career move? At Stadium head office in Coventry, we are looking for someone to join the busy and rewarding world of Events, Training and Facilities Management. If successful, you will be a part of our Finance & Payroll team, at the heart of our business, which is both rewarding and highly pressured! Our fast-growing company is a place for strong-willed and career hungry individuals. As the company grows, you will too.
We can offer on-site parking, excellent personal development opportunities, the chance to work on exciting projects and events, and all this with a fantastic team to support you along the way! As Finance Assistant, you will be reporting to the Group Financial Controller. The post holder will provide a professional and efficient administrative service to the finance function, including, but not limited to, purchase ledger invoices, sales invoicing, bank postings, account and statement reconciliation.
Critical aspects of the role include but are not limited to;
- Sales Ledger Processing
- Raising sales invoices once checked against customer PO's, and internal business management system
- Dealing with sales invoice queries
- Sending month-end statements
- In conjunction with Group FC, undertake credit control activities and set up new customer accounts.
- Purchase Ledger Processing
- Matching PO's to invoices and posting of invoices
- Raising PO's in line with company purchasing policy
- Investigate and resolve any supplier invoice queries both internally and externally
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Posting debit/credit card payments to appropriate nominal codes
- In conjunction with Group FC, set up new supplier accounts and assist with supplier payment runs
- Finance Administration
- Maintaining our digital filing and some hard copy filling
- Assist with management monthly reports
- Any other duties commensurate with the post
We want you to come to work, be part of a team, and feel that you have done an excellent job and go home happy at the end of the day.
The successful Finance Assistant will have the following experience:
- Previous experience of using Sage 50 is essential, minimum of 3 years experience
- Purchase & Sales ledger experience of a minimum of 5 years is essential
- Understanding of double-entry – essential
- Event industry experience - desirable
- Strong communication skills and ability to work on own initiative, and part of a team
- Attention to detail is key
Salary is £22,000-£25,000 per annum depending on experience 09:00-17:00 Monday-Friday.