An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join our growing business based at our premises in Leicester. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus benefits to include pension, Cashplan Healthcare scheme, generous product discount and free parking.
Established in 1992, we have grown from a small UK business selling posters, into a hugely successful multinational organisation. Through the combined strength of our global partners, we offer the best distribution network to our licensors and the best quality images to our customers. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Marvel, Disney, Star Wars and Harry Potter, designing, developing and manufacturing a wide range of gifts, stationery and wall art for our retail partners in the UK and worldwide.
Purchasing Assistant – The Role:
The Purchasing Assistant will work closely with senior members of the Procurement team and our office in China. You’ll be carrying out administrative tasks and processes to support the Operations, Procurement and Sales teams and using our internal systems to keep the business updated, ensuring that individual licensors requirements for sampling and production are adhered to. The role involves frequent contact with suppliers in the UK and China and as you’ll be dealing with staff at all levels, strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Negotiate and agree prices to ensure budget targets as set by the Procurement Manager
- Co-ordinate with Sales and other departments, to ensure optimisation of stock levels to meet sales demand and minimise aged stock
- Raise and follow up purchase orders with suppliers, working to critical paths as set by the Senior team
- Assist with planning purchasing for different categories within the team
- Support with general enquiries that come through the office
- Arrange payments and provide supporting paperwork
- Support the development of products and arrange samples, maintaining an up to date log of all samples coming into the business
- Help to maintain computer systems including setting up product codes, solving issues and updating internal systems to help the wider business
- Run daily and weekly reports on stock levels to plan future purchasing
- Continually improve the demand forecasting process to ensure stock levels meet demand and minimise waste, co-ordinating requirements across all departments
Key Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years purchasing experience is required
- Knowledge of Far East purchasing
- Self motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure clear lines of communication with stakeholders at all levels
- Innovative and able to work under own initiative
- Reliable with a flexible approach
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving skills
This is a full time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week. The role will be office based and normal hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday with a one hour unpaid break each day.