Customer Assistant (Rugby Branch)
We are thrilled to announce that we have a new vacancy in our Rugby Branch for a Customer Assistant.
The successful candidate will have a passion for great customer service, high standards or professionalism and attention to detail. We are looking for a confident and helpful individual who is passionate about providing excellent service and has excellent communication skills.
The role covers a wide variety of tasks within the branch and requires a flexible approach including a requirement to work at other branches as requested (which travel expenses will be paid). The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate confidence and enthusiasm when dealing with customers, have experience of handing cash and customer queries, and be able to work in a busy office environment.
Working hours are 35 hours and 25 minutes per week, i.e., Monday – Friday 8.55am – 5pm with one hour unpaid for lunch. This role has a starting salary of £17,644. The role also requires you to work Saturdays on a rota basis, which a Saturday payment of £57.83 will be paid.
As a Customer Assistant, your job description will include but not be limited to:
- Customer facing and involving the daily handling of customer transactions at the counter, over the telephone or in writing, providing excellent customer service.
- A smart appearance, including wearing corporate uniform that is supplied is required. Performing clerical and administration work associated with the smooth running of the branch.
- Commitment to promote and build relationships in the communities we serve. The role also requires the job holder to provide cover during holidays or sickness including travelling to other offices.
- Follow the Society’s customer service codes in order to provide continued operational effectiveness and customer focus at all times.
- Actively promote good customer relations and positive approach to developing, enhancing and strengthening community relationships and initiatives.
- Ability to deal with customer complaints, following the Society’s complaints procedure, by providing summary resolutions and escalate where appropriate.
- Ability to work within a team and follow instructions to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Ensure confidentiality of information whilst dealing with customers.
Desired background, experience, and skills for the role:
- GCSE Maths and English grade C and above (or equivalent).
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent and confident telephone manner.
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems quickly.
- Capability to adapt quickly in an agile working environment.
- Meticulous organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A strong focus on customer service.
- Good IT skills including a basic understanding of the MS Office package.
- The willingness to undergo a credit reference search and DBS check (our employees must have impeccable standards of personal finance).
Benefits of working for Hinckley & Rugby Building Society:
- Minimum of 23 days annual leave, with bank holidays in addition (increased with length of service and pro rata for part time employees).
- Annual discretionary bonus based on performance.
- Opportunity to buy three days additional holiday (pro rata for part time employees).
- Additional day off in your birthday month.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave package.
- Competitive contributory pension scheme.
- Four times basic salary life cover.
- Opportunity to join Benenden Healthcare (upon six months service).
- Permanent Health Insurance (upon six months service).
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to the Society’s Mental Health First Aiders.
- Three days paid leave to work in the community or as a volunteer.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Loyalty bonuses for length of service.
- Reward and recognition schemes.